AJ McLean Believes Nick Carter Is Innocent - Noise11.com
The Backstreet Boys perform at Rod Laver Arena Melbourne on Friday 8 May 2015. Photo Ros O'Gorman

AJ McLean Believes Nick Carter Is Innocent

by Music-News.com on December 5, 2017

AJ McLean has offered his support to Backstreet Boys bandmate Nick Carter, insisting it’s not in his nature to take advantage of a woman.

Carter has been accused of raping former Dream singer Melissa Schuman at his home while they were castmates on 2004 film The Hollow, prompting the “shocked and saddened” singer to release a statement insisting the sex was consensual.

On Monday, Nick’s Dancing With the Stars partner Sharna Burgess came out in support of the pop star, calling him “respectful” and “sweet”, and now Carter’s bandmate has spoken out on behalf of the singer.

“I totally support my brother, man,” he tells TMZ. He’s a gentleman and a scholar… I think he’s innocent and I love him.”

McLean quickly pointed out he supports the brave women coming forward with sexual assault and harassment claims, but insists Schuman may be mistaken.

“It’s not in his nature (to rape someone),” the singer adds. “He’s not that kind of person, and I’ve known him since he was 12 years old.”

Speaking about her decision to come forward with rape accusations last week, Schuman admitted she had forgiven Carter, adding, “I don’t want anything from you. I wish you only the best. I don’t want your money. I didn’t do this to hurt you or your family. I did this for me because I needed this healing and I also came forward because I want to inspire other victims, other people who have been assaulted to come forward and know that they have a voice.”

music-news.com

Comments

comments

Eminem Revival
Eminem Says Revival Is His Last Album

Hip-hop star Eminem has hinted his new album Revival will be his last.

Beyonce in concert in Melbourne by Ros O'Gorman
Is Coachella Planning A Destiny’s Child Reunion?

Beyonce's superfans have sparked rumors suggesting she will be staging a Destiny's Child reunion at her highly-anticipated comeback set at the 2018 Coachella festival.

Elton John at A Day On The Green at Rochford Winery on Sunday 1 October 2017. Photo by Ros O'Gorman
Elton John To Be Honored With Grammy Salute

Just two days after the 60th Annual Grammy Awards®, the Recording Academy™, AEG Ehrlich Ventures, and CBS will celebrate the legendary career of five-time Grammy winner and 2000 MusiCares' Person of the Year honoree Elton John by presenting "Elton John: I'm Still Standing-A Grammy Salute."

Fat Boy Slim and The Kite String Tangle
Fatboy Slim Merges Into The Kite String Tangle With Images By Reg Mombassa

Fatboy Slim has created a new Australianised version of ‘Praise You’ with Brisbane’s Kite String Tangle and the images have been brushed up by Reg Mombassa.

Gwen Stefani of No Doubt - Photo by Ros O'Gorman, Noise11, Photo
Empire State Building To Use Gwen Stefani Song For Christmas Show

Empire State Realty Trust, Inc. and iHeartMedia have announced that the annual Empire State Building holiday music-to-light show will feature global superstar Gwen Stefani and her holiday hit "You Make it Feel Like Christmas", the title song from her first ever holiday album.

Josh Homme Queens of the Stone Age by Ros OGorman 200
Ellen Drops Queens of The Stone Age Because Josh Homme Is A Dickhead

It seems there are complications from kicking a photographer in the head while performing.

Melissa Etheridge, Photo Ros O'Gorman, Noise11
Melissa Etheridge and Sheryl Crow To Tour Australia In April

Melissa Etheridge and Sheryl Crow will perform shows together in Australia in April.