Albert Hammond Jr Previews Album With Muted Beatings - Noise11.com
Albert Hammond Jr and Portia Doubleday

Albert Hammond Jr and Portia Doubleday

Albert Hammond Jr Previews Album With Muted Beatings

by Paul Cashmere on February 9, 2018

Albert Hammond Jr has shared his new song ‘Muted Beatings’ to preview his upcoming fourth solo album ‘Francis Trouble’.

“I followed Fraser into the abyss,” notes Albert. “He had a real vision he expressed by saying ‘Love is the one thing that transcends time and space.’ I felt like he was moved by the song and knew how to capture it visually. I understood what he meant but to me the love didn’t represent human connection. I knew it would be the most universal way to show it visually but I found myself realizing the cycle of who I was and what I was about to become, with the death of my old self and the birth of this new person, was what transcended time and space. That love for life, that lust for life is forever reshaping itself.”

Albert Hammond Jr will showcase ‘Francis Trouble’ at SXSW in March.

noise11.com

Comments

comments

R.E.M. Photo by Ros O'Gorman, noise11.com, music news
R.E.M.’s Very First Setlist From 5 April 1980

R.E.M. played their first show 40 years ago this week on 5 April 1980 at St. Mary’s Episcopal Church in Athens, Georgia.

Rob Thomas. Photo by Ros O'Gorman
Watch Rob Thomas Perform Crowded House ‘Don’t Dream Its Over’ From Home

Rob Thomas has jumped on the couch, picked up a guitar and popped out a cover of the Crowded House classic 'Don't Dream Its Over'.

Sheryl Crow performs at Margaret Court Arena on Friday 6 April 2018. Photo by Ros O'Gorman
Sheryl Crow Releases Bill Withers Cover of ‘Lonely Town Lonely Street’ With Citizen Cope

Sheryl Crow recorded and released a cover of Bill Withers ‘Lonely Town Lonely Street’ over the weekend with Citizen Cope.

Gerard Way of My Chemical Romance photo by Ros O'Gorman
Gerard Way Of My Chemical Romance Shares Unreleased Songs

Gerard Way of My Chemical Romance, who originally planned to release the songs as singles, has announced the news of the new tracks via a post on his Facebook page.

Leo Sayer photo by Ros OGorman
Leo Sayer Covers The Flamingoes 1959 Classic ‘I Only Have Eyes For You’

Leo Sayer has switched the home studio on to record a new version of the 1959 hit by The Flamingoes ‘I Only Have Eyes For You’.

Pink: Photo Ros O'Gorman, Noise11, Photo
Pink and Son Diagnosed With COVID-19

Pink and her three-year-old son, Jameson have tested positive to COVID-19.

Dave Gleeson of The Angels Photo by Ros O'Gorman
Dave Gleeson To Stream ‘Dave Gleeson In Front Of One Tree AgainThis Sunday

Dave Gleeson will turn his streaming performance ‘Dave Gleeson In Front Of One Tree’ into a mini-series (sort of) with Part 2 coming this Sunday (5 April).