Annie Lennox Records 30s and 40s Standards
Annie Lennox 2009: Photo By Ros O'Gorman, Noise11, Photo

Annie Lennox 2009: Photo By Ros O'Gorman

Annie Lennox Records Album Of Standards

by Paul Cashmere on August 15, 2014

in New Music,News

Annie Lennox has recorded an album of classics from the 1930s and 1940s covering songs from greats such as Louis Armstrong and Billie Holiday.

‘Nostalgia’ will be Lennox’s first album since her Christmas release ‘A Christmas Cornucopia’ of 2010 and her original album ‘Songs Of Mass Destruction’ of 2007.

“I’m very happy to confirm that I will be releasing a new album, entitled “NOSTALGIA” on October 21st (US)/ October 27th (rest of world), on the Blue Note label in the USA and Island Records internationally,” Annie said in a statement. “The record has been a labour of love, which I very much hope you will enjoy..(For all you sound epicureans… It’s coming out first in glorious vinyl …which I can personally recommend as a listening experience!)”

Annie started work on ‘Nostalgia’ in October 2013 and downed tools with producers Don Was and Mike Stevens mid this year.

Of the six solo albums Annie Lennox has recorded outside of Eurythmics this will be her third album of covers.

‘Nostalgia’ will be released in October, 2014.

Nostalgia Track Listing
11. The Nearness of You
12. Mood Indigo

Comments

comments

Peter Garrett Midnight Oil 6 November 2017. Photo by Ros O'Gorman
Midnight Oil debut ‘Tarkine’, their first new song since 2002

Midnight Oil have debuted their first song since 2002 at their warm-up show in Wollongong on Thursday night.

Don Felder American Rock N Roll
Don Felder’s ‘American Rock ‘N’ Roll’ Album Cover features the art of Bernie Taupin.

I had a simple question for former Eagles guitarist Don Felder. “The Bernie Taupin credited with the artwork on your new album. Is that THE Bernie Taupin?” “That’s the only Bernie Taupin I know,” Felder answered laughing.

Dalicados
Over 100 Years of Combined Melbourne Punk has led us to Dalicados

Dalicados began in 2017 when six friends from bands such as The Chosen Few, Hunters & Collectors, I Spit On Your Gravy, H.A.N.D, In Vivo, Fiona & Her Holy Men, Epic Brass, UNAustralians, Tijuana Souvenirs decided to form a new band.

iOTA in Lazarus for The Production Company
David Bowie’s Lazarus is a Major Win for The Production Company 2019 Season

With the staging of Australia’s first production of David Bowie’s final work ‘Lazarus’, The Production Company has taken a giant risk moving outside its comfort zone. It was the right decision to make.

Jimmy Barnes at Red Hot Summer Mornington 2019 photo Noise11.com
Jimmy Barnes Plans on Shutting Down Your Town

Jimmy Barnes has announced dates for his ‘Shutting Down Your Town’ Australia and New Zealand tour starting September with an impressive list of special guests to open.

Chris Ryan Phoebe Panaretos and iOTA photo by Jeff Busby
Chris Ryan Talks About His Starring Role As Newton in Bowie’s Lazarus

In 2018 Jeanne Pratt’s The Production Company scored a major win for Melbourne. The company acquired the rights to David Bowie’s final work ‘Lazarus’.

ZZ Top the musical
ZZ Top Musical ‘Sharp Dressed Man’ is on the way

A musical based on the music of ZZ Top is currently in development in the USA. Michael Gruber and Jason Gastwirth from Caesars Entertainment along with Carl Stubner and Prem Akkaraju are developing ‘Sharp Dressed Man’ the musical to debut in Las Vegas in 2020.