The original Boomtown Rats, Bob Geldof, Pete Briquette, Simon Crowe and Garry Roberts, are reforming for a world tour.
The news comes after the January announcement that the group would play at the Isle of Wight festival. Since that time, they have added a number of Australian dates plus two additional shows in the U.K. and Ireland with the promise of more to come.
The group originally formed in 1975 and released their first record in 1977. Over the next seven years they would release six albums and hit the top of the British charts with Rat Trap and I Don’t Like Mondays. The band would slowly drift apart as Bob Geldof became more and more involved with his charitable work.
Their first dates:
- 05/20 – Brisbane, Australia – Brisbane Entertainment Centre
- 05/21 – Sydney, Australia – Sydney Entertainment Centre
- 05/23 – Melbourne, Australia – Hisense Arena
- 05/25 – Auckland, New Zealand – Vector Arena (Date removed on Rats’ website, 4/14)
- 05/27 – Adelaide, Australia – Adelaide Entertainment Centre
- 05/28 – Perth, Australia – Challenge Stadium
- 07/05 – Cork, Ireland – Live at The Marquee
- 07/16 – Isle of Wight, UK – Isle of Wight Festival
- 07/20 – Devon, UK – Headlining Chagstock Festival
Stay updated with your free Noise11 daily music newsletter. Subscribe to Noise11 Music News here