Brian May Cancels Shows After Persistent Illness - Noise11.com
Brian May Queen Melbourne 2014, photo Ros O'Gorman

Brian May, Queen. Photo By Ros O'Gorman

Brian May Cancels Shows After Persistent Illness

by Roger Wink, VVN Music on October 25, 2016

Brian May has been under the weather for some time and they haven’t found out why.

May has announced that he is cancelling his eleven December shows with Kerry Ellis due to a sickness that is “destroying my energy and my will”.

Brian, who has a high standard to which he holds himself, said that he made the agonizing decision because “I don’t feel confident to perform the scheduled shows to the standard we all expect.”

He continued “I’m gutted to have to pull out – I hate letting our loyal fans down. But the advice I have had is that I must take time off to heal, rather than go out on tour again and risk falling down on the job, which would be much worse.”

Kerry Ellis, who May has been working with for a few years in between his work with Queen, said “Brian is a dear friend of mine and obviously his health must come first. I was so looking forward to touring the UK again with Brian. I know so many of you had bought tickets for an early Christmas treat, and I am truly sorry that we are letting so many of you down. But we will be back next year for sure, with new music for you all to hear.”

May and Ellis have a new album, Anthems II, due in March.

Later, May posted a new message explaining the situation further. “I got myself in a very depleted state and have taken the decision now to clear my diary of everything until the end of the year. I’m leaving today on a big steel bird to spend some time recharging in a safe place. Need to turn off the phones and media for a while.”

vvnmusic.com

Comments

comments

Prince
Prince Memoirs to be Published

Prince's "deeply personal" memoirs are to be released in October (19).

Brian Cadd and David Bromley Silver City
David Bromley has Directed Brian Cadd’s ‘Silver City’ video

Brian Cadd’s new ‘Silver City’ video was directed by world-renowned artist David Bromley.

The Seekers, Noise11, Press Conference, Ros O'Gorman, Photo
The Seekers have No. 4 Album and Zoot make the Vinyl Chart

The Seekers have an album in the Australian Top 10 and Zoot are back in the vinyl chart. In an era of BTS and Billie Eilish, heritage acts are proving they have dollar value too.

Bob Dylan Heavens Door whiskey
Bob Dylan Waves the Naughty Finger at Fans with Phones

Bob Dylan stopped his show in Vienna, Austria this week to chastise fans with phones aimed at him.

Drummer Mick Fleetwood of Fleetwood Mac performs at ADOTG at Mt Duneed Winery on 7 November 2015. Photo by Ros O'Gorman
Fleetwood Mac Reschedule Cancelled North American Dates

Fleetwood Mac have rescheduled their cancelled US dates and added a new show following Stevie Nick’s illness this month.

Philip Bailey
Earth, Wind & Fire’s Philip Bailey gathers his famous friends for solo album

Earth, Wind & Fire’s Philip Bailey has recruited his famous mates will.i.am, Chick Corea, Steve Gadd and Robert Glasper to assist him for his new solo album ‘Love Will Find A Way’.

Roger Waters played Rod Laver Arena Melbourne on Saturday 10 February 2018. Roger Waters is performing his Us and Them Australian tour. Photo, Ros O'Gorman
Roger Waters Joins Nick Mason in New York for early Pink Floyd track

Pink Floyd had somewhat of a reunion on Thursday night in New York when Roger Waters joined Nick Mason to perform the epic ‘Set The Controls for the Heart of the Sun’.