Dale Ryder Returns to Boom Crash Opera - Noise11.com
Dale Ryder of Boom Crash Opera photo by Ros O'Gorman

Dale Ryder of Boom Crash Opera photo by Ros O'Gorman

Dale Ryder Returns to Boom Crash Opera

by Paul Cashmere on June 13, 2019

Dale Ryder is back with his old band Boom Crash Opera.

Dale Ryder left Boom Crash Opera in 2016 after joining the band in 1985 with Richard Pleasance, Peter Farnan, Peter Maslen and Greg O’Connor.

At the Boom Crash Opera Facebook page Dale says,” Well, the stars have aligned themselves and I find myself re-joining my old band. Nothing sinister, just simple happenstance and once again just like that, I’m singing my favourite songs with my favourite band again. For the last three years I’ve watched Andrew De Silva perform with Boom Crash Opera and I’ve admired his professionalism and talent. I did envy him sometimes because I did miss BCO sometimes. So I’m very excited to be back and do it all again. I thank you for your support in advance”.

Boom Crash Opera had their first hit ‘Great Wall’ in 1986. They went on to clock up 10 Top 40 hits, and a US hit with ‘Onion Skin’.

Shows will Dale will be announced soon.

Follow Noise11 on Twitter for news as it happens

For news as it happens follow Noise11 on Facebook

Comments

comments

Moving Pictures Matinee
Moving Pictures ‘Matinee’ Is Finally Getting A Digital Release

Moving Pictures second album ‘Matinee’ will be reissued through digital services for the very first time this Friday (June 5).

31 mins ago
Sammy Hagar photo by Randee St Nicholas, Noise11, Photo
Sammy Hagar Knocks Out A Rocking ‘Keep A-Knockin’

Sammy Hagar has continued his Lockdown Sessions with a rocking ‘Keep A-Knockin.’ best known for the 1957 Little Richard version.

Sting photo by Ros OGorman
Sting Pays Tribute To His Tour Manager Billy Francis

Sting has posted a touching tribute to his tour manager Billy Francis, who has passed away after a battle with cancer.

Joey Image of The Misfits
Early Misfits Drummer Joey Image Dead At 63

Joey Image, drummer for The Misfits over 1978 and 1979, has died at age 63.

NOFX Frank Turner West Coast vs Wessex
NOFX and Frank Turner Cover Each Other For Shared Album

LA punks NOFX and UK punk Frank Turner have made an album together where they each cover the others songs.

Elton John and Nigel Olsson perform in Melbourne at Rod Laver Arena on Friday 11 December 2015. Photo by Ros O'Gorman
Elton John Takes $75m Hit Because of Coronavirus

Elton John has reportedly been left "bereft" after taking a significant $75 million (£60 million) hit after coronavirus forced him to cancel his farewell tour.

Mick Thomas' Roving Commission
Mick Thomas’ Roving Commission and His Musical Mates Deliver Epic ‘See You When I’m Looking At You’

Mick Thomas has used isolation to round up his Roving Commission and then commission a dozen of his musical mates to create ‘See You When I’m Looking At You’.