Dale Ryder Returns to Boom Crash Opera - Noise11.com
Dale Ryder of Boom Crash Opera photo by Ros O'Gorman

Dale Ryder of Boom Crash Opera photo by Ros O'Gorman

Dale Ryder Returns to Boom Crash Opera

by Paul Cashmere on June 13, 2019

Dale Ryder is back with his old band Boom Crash Opera.

Dale Ryder left Boom Crash Opera in 2016 after joining the band in 1985 with Richard Pleasance, Peter Farnan, Peter Maslen and Greg O’Connor.

At the Boom Crash Opera Facebook page Dale says,” Well, the stars have aligned themselves and I find myself re-joining my old band. Nothing sinister, just simple happenstance and once again just like that, I’m singing my favourite songs with my favourite band again. For the last three years I’ve watched Andrew De Silva perform with Boom Crash Opera and I’ve admired his professionalism and talent. I did envy him sometimes because I did miss BCO sometimes. So I’m very excited to be back and do it all again. I thank you for your support in advance”.

Boom Crash Opera had their first hit ‘Great Wall’ in 1986. They went on to clock up 10 Top 40 hits, and a US hit with ‘Onion Skin’.

Shows will Dale will be announced soon.

Follow Noise11 on Twitter for news as it happens

For news as it happens follow Noise11 on Facebook

Comments

comments

Roger Waters played Rod Laver Arena Melbourne on Saturday 10 February 2018. Roger Waters is performing his Us and Them Australian tour. Photo, Ros O'Gorman
Roger Waters To Give Keynote Address For SXSW 2020

Roger Waters is not short of an opinion and he will share his opinions at SXSW 2020.

1 hour ago
Hunters and Collectors, AAMI stadium, Melbourne 2014
Hunters & Collectors On Track For 26 Sell-Out Red Hot Summer Shows

Hunters & Collectors are well on the way to selling out all 26 shows on the upcoming Red Hot Summer tour for 2020.

The Edge and Bono, U2 perform at Etihad Stadium. Photo by Ros O'Gorman
U2 Play First Australian Show With A Nod To Michael Hutchence and Midnight Oil

U2 played in Brisbane Tuesday 12 November, their first Australian show in nine years, and Michael Hutchence was remembered.

NeilYoung at the Sidney Myer Music Bowl by Ros O'Gorman
Neil Young May Have To Leave US While Citizenship Is Finalised

Canadian Neil Young has applied for citizenship in order to vote in the 2020 presidential election but revealed his bid has been delayed after he admitted to smoking marijuana.

R.E.M. Photo by Ros O'Gorman, noise11.com, music news
Michael Stipe Is Happy He Never Hid His Personal Life

Michael Stipe is proud he never pretended to be straight to further his music career.

Iggy Pop Wax Face Toy
Iggy Pop Wax Face Toys Debut

Iggy Pop fans have the chance to jump onto a very limited-edition Iggy toy statue. New toy company Wax Face has created 25 red and 25 blue Iggy’s.

John Farnham One Electric Day Sunday 26 November 2017. Photo by Ros O'Gorman
John Farnham Rocks Cockatoo Island, Brisbane Is Next

John Farnham’s One Electric Day shows rolled into Sydney last Saturday with Farnham rocking Cockatoo Island. The shows include the reformed Southern Sons, Vanessa Amorosi, Jon Stevens and James Reyne as well as John Farnham.