Daredevil Sam Powers will join the Melbourne line-up for The Illusionists starting 22 January at the Regent Theatre.
Sam will be suspended 10 metres in the air over a flaming set of jaw wearing a straight-jacket and must escape before his rope burns.
“I am thrilled that Sam has agreed to perform this stunt never seen before on a theatre stage,” Tim Lawson, producer for TML Enterprises said in a statement. “It’s a perfect addition to a spectacular show packed full of new and exciting acts that will be a first for Melbourne audiences. The Illusionists has dazzled audiences of all ages in over 400 cities around the world including four seasons on Broadway. Our new show is a fantastic opportunity for Melbourne audiences, families and visitors this summer to enjoy the very best magic and illusion acts from around the world.”
The Illusionists has already had an incredible run in Sydney. The performances have sold over 35,000 tickets in Sydney alone. That is the equivalent of three arena shows.
– Sam Powers, aka The Enigma, will be joining in Melbourne a thrilling line up of the world’s most talented magicians and artists.
– The Trickster, aka Paul Dabek, reveals exactly what’s up his sleeve and delves into his box of tricks while cheekily enchanting the audience with jaw-dropping hilarity:
– The Mentalist, aka Chris Cox, a multi-award-winning mind-manipulator whose mischievous sense of magic and wonder has been seen by over 300,000 people internationally;
– Leonardo Bruno, known as The Alchemist, was born into magic as his grandfather was one of the most important magicians in Mexico and Latin America. Daring and unique in style, Bruno will leave audiences captivated and surprised;
– The Showman, aka Mark Kalin, has been one of the most influential magicians of the last decade, bringing his distinctive, amazing large scale illusions to stages across the world;
– The Conjuress, aka Jinger Leigh, is a modern sorceress with a unique blend of elegance and theatricality, which has redefined the role of the magician;
– French-born Florian Sainvet, known as The Manipulator, discovered his calling as a futuristic manipulator and illusionist through his love for science fiction films at his local cinema.
WHAT: The Illusionists: Direct From Broadway
WHEN: 22-27 January 2019
PERFORMANCE TIMES:Tues 7pm, Wed-Sat 3pm & 7pm, Sun 1pm and 5pm
WHERE: Regent Theatre, Collins Street, Melbourne
PRICES: Adults from $69, children from $39