Demi Lovato Is Suffering Complications Following Drug Overdose - Noise11.com
Demi Lovato

Demi Lovato

Demi Lovato Is Suffering Complications Following Drug Overdose

by Paul Cashmere on August 1, 2018

in News

Demi Lovato is reportedly not in a position to discuss going to rehab following her alleged overdose.

Demi Lovato was hospitalised in Los Angeles on 24 July (18), after being found unconscious in her Hollywood Hills home.

Reports originally suggested she was “getting better”, but on Monday it was reported that she was still in Cedars-Sinai Medical Center six days after suffering from the suspected drug overdose due to “complications” which include extreme nausea and a high fever.

The 25-year-old is reportedly in “no shape” to even begin talks about going to a rehabilitation facility. Sources have told TMZ.com that the subject of treatment has not even been broached by her friends and family as she is still not out of the woods.

Multiple sources have reportedly told editors at the website that they have no idea how she will take the news that she needs to go to a facility, with one saying, “We just don’t know where her head is at.”

The Confident singer previously went to rehab for issues including drug and alcohol abuse, self-harm and bulimia in late 2010 to early 2011, but revealed in her 2017 documentary Simply Complicated that it wasn’t immediately successful and she still struggled with alcoholism and a cocaine addiction in the year afterwards. She has been ever since helping out other victims of addiction by spreading awareness about good rehab centres, You could See the rankings of each rehab centre here. It still is an excellent initiative as it has helped many people in a significant way. 

Earlier this year, she celebrated six years of sobriety, but revealed in new song Sober, which was released in June, that she had relapsed.

Following her hospitalisation, her representative said in a statement, “Demi is awake and with her family who want to express thanks to everyone for the love, prayers, and support. Some of the information being reported is incorrect and they respectfully ask for privacy and not speculation as her health and recovery is the most important thing right now.”

Doctors have reportedly not decided when she can be released from hospital, but a source told the website “she is under the care of medical experts and is expected to make a full recovery.”

music-news.com

For news as it happens follow Noise11 on Facebook

Noise11.com

Listen to the Noise11 Music News channel now at iHeartRadio

Comments

comments

Related Posts

Tool
Tool Add Extra Melbourne And Auckland Dates

Tool have added more shows for Melbourne and Auckland for the 2020 Tool In Concert tour.

7 hours ago
The Angels play Palms Crown Casino on Friday 27 October 2017. Photo by Ros O'Gorman
The Angels and Boom Crash Opera Line Up Red Hot Summer Sideshows

The Angels and Boom Crash Opera will fill in time around their 2020 Red Hot Summer schedule with additional shows across Australia.

8 hours ago
Kevin Johnson
Kevin Johnson Releases White Christmas With The Rarely Used Missing Verse

Australian singer-songwriter Kevin Johnson has released his version of ‘White Christmas’ for the first time in Australia. It includes the missing, rarely performed missing verse.

8 hours ago
Kate Ceberano Steve Kilbey Sean Sennett
Kate Ceberano, Steve Kilbey and Sean Sennett ‘The Dangerous Age’

For Kate Ceberano, Steve Kilbey and Sean Sennett, ‘The Dangerous Age’ has been a two-year project. Full details of the project have now been released with the album due 31 January.

9 hours ago
Doobie Brothers 2020
The Doobie Brothers Reunite With Michael McDonald For 50th Anniversary Tour

Michael McDonald has rejoined the Doobie Brothers for their first tour together in 25 years to mark the 50th anniversary of the band.

13 hours ago
Bruce Dickinson, Iron Maiden, Photo Ros O'Gorman
Iron Maiden Add Second Legacy of the Beast Melbourne Show

Iron Maiden have added a second Melbourne show for the Legacy of the Beast tour 2020.

19 hours ago
Ja Rule photo by Ros O'Gorman
Ja Rule Cleared Over Fyre Festival Disaster

Ja Rule has been officially cleared of wrongdoing in a $100 million (£77 million) class action lawsuit over the disastrous 2017 Fyre Festival.

21 hours ago