Diddy Says New Name Was A Joke (FYI So Is The Old One) - Noise11.com
Diddy, music news, noise11.com

Diddy

Diddy Says New Name Was A Joke (FYI So Is The Old One)

by Music-News.com on November 8, 2017

Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs was “only playing” when he recently announced he was changing his name to Love.

The rapper took to social media over the weekend and told fans that he would be going by the moniker Love, or Brother Love, from now on, and wouldn’t be answering to any of his older names, such as Puff Daddy, P. Diddy or Puffy. However, he backtracked on Monday, posting on Instagram that he was joking all along.

“Well, ladies and gentlemen, today I’ve come to the conclusion that you cannot play around with the Internet,” he said into the camera as he walked down a garden path and sat down.

“Due to the overwhelming response from the media out there and just due to there not wanting to be any confusion, I was only joking. Okay? I didn’t change my name. It’s just part of one of my alter egos. One of my alter egos is Love.”

“But to set the record straight, because I have a lot of press to do in the next couple of weeks, you can address me by any of my older names. But, if you still wanna call me Love, you can call me Love, baby. But, I was only playing,” he concluded before bursting into laughter.

In the caption, he wrote, “I see you can’t play with the internet (love heart) be calm. Spread LOVE.”

Combs originally announced he was changing his name on his 48th birthday and admitted during the video that he knew the new moniker was “risky” as some people might consider it corny. Explaining the change, he said: “I’m just not who I am before. I’m something different.”

music-news.com

Comments

comments

Missy Elliott, music news, noise11.com
Missy Elliott To Release Her First Album of New Music in 14 years

Rapper Missy Elliott is set to unveil a collection of new songs on Thursday night, following a 14 year hiatus from music - and four days before she's honoured at the MTV Video Music Awards.

Michael Jackson, Noise11, Photo, music news
Michael Jackson’s manager defends singer as he dedicates charity in his name

Michael Jackson‘s former manager, Raymone Bain, defended the late singer while announcing the establishment of the MJ Legacy Foundation on Thursday.

Eminem 2018 by Craig Mcdean
Eminem’s Publisher Sues Spotify

Eminem's music publishers are suing Spotify in a copyright lawsuit potentially worth billions of dollars in alleged damages.

Whitfield Crane
Whitfield Crane Talks Travelling, Touring and Creating

Whitfield Crane's scene is a creative minefield of radness. The Ugly Kid Joe frontman's scene is still as incessant as it was when he answered this question two years ago: “My scene is a lot of movement, a lot of travelling, a backpack, a credit card, a passport, an accountant, no responsibilities, no debt, fun, hedonism, music, surf, sand, snowboard and adventure.” Presently, tennis and orchestras are at the forefront of his scene. In particular, Australian tennis legend Pat Cash, and Crane's very own Orchestra of Doom.

Noel Gallagher of Oasis, Noise11, Photo
What’s The Story Morning Glory with Liam and Noel’s Oasis Songs at Solo Shows?

With both sort of Gallaghers, Liam and Noel, touring Australia in November and December, Oasis fans are pretty much guaranteed an Oasis setlist between the two shows.

Solange
Solange to play four Sydney Opera House dates

Solange is taking on a four-night residency at Australia's iconic Sydney Opera House in January.

Robbie Williams Heavy Entertainment Tour at Rod Laver Arena on Saturday 24 February 2018. Photo by Ros O'Gorman
Robbie Williams teases new music

Robbie Williams took to social media to share a black and white photo of himself back in the studio, leading fans to speculate he might be working on a Christmas album.