Eric Clapton Opens Up About His Loss Of Hearing - Noise11.com
Eric Clapton image by Ros O'Gorman

Eric Clapton image by Ros O'Gorman

Eric Clapton Opens Up About His Loss Of Hearing

by Roger Wink, VVN Music on January 11, 2018

It’s a fact of life. The older we get, the harder it is to do the things we love. That’s where Eric Clapton is, admitting to hearing loss and hands that aren’t working as well as they used to.

Clapton was on BBC Radio 2 yesterday (January 9) talking with Steve Wright and told him that his upcoming show this summer at London’s Hyde Park is concerning him. “I am still going to work. I am going to do a show at Hyde Park in July; the only thing I am concerned with now is I am going deaf, I’ve got tinnitus, my hands just about work.”

He also doesn’t want to become a novelty. “I mean, I am hoping that people will come along and see me [for] more than [because] I am a curiosity. I know that is part of it, because it’s amazing to myself that I am still here.”

A new documentary on the legendary guitarist will debut on Showtime on February 10. Eric Clapton: Life in 12 Bars was directed by Lili Fini Zanuck and is described as “an unflinching and deeply personal look into the life of legendary 18-time Grammy winner Eric Clapton.”

vvnmusic.com

Comments

comments

David Bowie Loving The Aliens 4
Fourth David Bowie Box ‘Loving The Alien’ Coming September

David Bowie’s fourth box set ‘Loving The Alien’, spanning 1983 to 1988, will be released on September 7.

Phil Collins Plays Well With Others
Phil Collins Rounds Up His Famous Friends For Box Set

Phil Collins will release a box set featuring collaborations with his famous friends and he has a lot of them.

The Pretty Things, Phil May: Photo Ros O'Gorman
The Pretty Things To Tour Australia One More Time

The Pretty Things will return to Australia for the very last time.

Paul McCartney at AAMI Park Melbourne on Tuesday 5 December 2017. Photo by Ros O'Gorman
Paul McCartney Wins Helpmann Award For Best Australian Concert Of 2017

Sir Paul McCartney can add yet another award to his trophy case, to go along with his Oscar, 8 BRITs, 18 Grammys, and 22 NME awards, to name but a small few.

Slim Dusty
Slim Dusty Spends 1000 Weeks On ARIA Chart

Australian Country legend Slim Dusty has cranked up 1000 weeks on the ARIA Country Albums Chart with ‘The Very Best of Slim Dusty’.

Paul Simon, Rod Laver Arena, 2013, Ros O'Gorman, Photo
Paul Simon Plays British Summer Hyde Park 2018 Show

After six amazing days of music spanning from pop megastars in Bruno Mars to rock royalty The Cure, the final show of this year’s British Summer Time Hyde Park was headlined by the great Paul Simon - performing the farewell date of his last tour, ‘The Farewell Performance' (outside of North America).

Eric Clapton image by Ros O'Gorman
Eric Clapton Plays London #REVIEW

‘It’s coming home!’ says Eric Clapton– opening his head-line set in sun-drenched Hyde Park with three words bound to get the Brits on side. Not that he needed any help with a magnificent set that ranged from true blues through tender acoustic guitar moments and back to the full-throttle ‘Cocaine’ to finish.