Even Kiss Turned Trump Down For Inauguration Performance - Noise11.com
Gene Simmons of Kiss photo by Tim Cashmere

Gene Simmons of Kiss photo by Tim Cashmere

Even Kiss Turned Trump Down For Inauguration Performance

by Music-News.com on December 23, 2016

in News

KISS rocker Gene Simmons allegedly “politely declined” a request from U.S. President-elect Donald Trump for the band to perform at his inauguration.

Simmons’ wife Shannon Tweed made the admission during a night out with her husband in Los Angeles on Wednesday, when a TMZ cameraman asked if Gene and his pals would play the January (17) event.

The musician didn’t answer the question directly, but instead stated they wouldn’t be able to make it to Washington, D.C. for the bash due to prior commitments.

“We’re going to be touring Europe at the same time,” he explained.

However, Shannon revealed KISS had actually been approached by Trump’s team about the big gig.

“That’s not to say they didn’t ask,” she remarked. “They asked and he (Simmons) politely declined.”

The rocker didn’t expand on the claim, but insisted disgruntled Americans who are not happy with the controversial billionaire’s election as the 45th President of the U.S. should “get over it and move on”.

“He’s our president and that’s it, end of story,” he added.

Trump’s inauguration officials have so far failed to secure any big names for the event, where teenage opera star Jackie Evancho will sing the National Anthem, but there may still be hope as the Beach Boys have allegedly been asked about their availability.

“They have not made a decision,” an insider tells the New York Post’s Page Six column.

Mike Love, who now leads the group, previously admitted they would consider the gig if asked.

“He’s been a friend for a long time,” he told the Post in September (16). “Does that mean I agree with everything he says? No. But… if we were asked (to play his inauguration), I’m sure that we would.”

Meanwhile, KISS aren’t the only artists to rule themselves out of performing at the inauguration – reports suggest Celine Dion also declined an offer.

According to TheWrap.com, Trump’s longtime friend and fellow hotelier, Steve Wynn, claimed he would be able to land the My Heart Will Go On hitmaker for the 20 January (17) concert, but was unable to deliver.

Representatives for Wynn and Dion have yet to respond to the report.

music-news.com

Comments

comments

Related Posts

Olivia Newton-John - Photo By Ros O'Gorman
Olivia Newton-John shares update on her health

Olivia Newton-John has shared a health update with fans amid her ongoing cancer battle.

3 days ago
NeilYoung at the Sidney Myer Music Bowl by Ros O'Gorman
Neil Young Explains Why He Was Edited Out of Woodstock Movie

Neil Young has told Howard Stern the story about how is pissed off a camera-man at Woodstock 50 years ago so to piss him off they edited him out of his Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young performance and edited his name out of the band title.

4 days ago
Henry Wagons
Henry Wagons to Honor Warren Zevon in Accidentally Like A Martyr

Henry Wagons, together with Musical Director Lachlan Bryan, will explore the music of Warren Zevon in the new show for Melbourne ‘Zevon – Accidentally Like A Martyr’.

4 days ago
The Angels play Palms Crown Casino on Friday 27 October 2017. Photo by Ros O'Gorman
The Angels to ‘recharge’ Dark Room’

The Angels will perform the ‘Dark Room’ album in its entirety as part of their ‘Recharge’ series.

4 days ago
Fleetwood Mac photo by Ros O'Gorman
Buy Fleetwood Mac Get Split Enz, Crowded House and Tom Petty for free

The Australian leg of the Fleetwood Mac tour reached Perth this week. There have been a few changes to the setlist since the start of the tour but Neil Finn gives a Split Enz and Crowded House classic a work-out and Mike Campbell reverts back his Tom Petty years for ‘Free Fallin’.

4 days ago
The Clash
Clash Guitar On Display In Museum

A guitar smashed onstage by Paul Simonon will be one of dozens of The Clash's personal items to be displayed in London.

4 days ago
Alice Cooper at Rod Laver Arena on Friday 20 October 2017. Photo by Ros O'Gorman
Alice Cooper is heading back to Australia and bringing Airbourne AND MC5

Ol’ Black Eyes Alice Cooper will be back in Australia in February.

6 days ago