Fall Out Boy Debut ‘Young and Menace’ VIDEO - Noise11.com
Fall Out Boy

Fall Out Boy

Fall Out Boy Debut ‘Young and Menace’ VIDEO

by Noise11.com on April 28, 2017

Fall Out Boy have previewed the first taste of their upcoming album with the song ‘Young and Menace’.

‘Young and Menace’ is from the album M A N I A, due in September.

“There’s a lyric in the song, ‘trying to send the world a message, I was young and a menace,’ that reminded me of growing up in the suburbs of Chicago. I didn’t look like anyone there or feel like anyone – I felt like an outsider in my own town. It wasn’t until I discovered punk rock and that community that I realized I did fit in somewhere in this world – with the other people who didn’t fit in,” says Fall Out Boy bassist & lyricist Pete Wentz of the reasoning behind the song’s title. “It’s hard to rationalize rage – it’s hard to quantify anxiety… this song does neither, it embraces the wave…”

Of the video, Wentz says “The concept is the idea of a movie like Elf, where he realizes maybe he isn’t an elf after all, but ours has less comedic elements and more real world implication. She realizes that maybe she is human after all – but maybe the line between us and monsters is blurrier than we think…”

‘M A N I A’ will be the sixth album for Fall Out Boy.

Comments

comments

Missy Elliott, music news, noise11.com
Missy Elliott To Release Her First Album of New Music in 14 years

Rapper Missy Elliott is set to unveil a collection of new songs on Thursday night, following a 14 year hiatus from music - and four days before she's honoured at the MTV Video Music Awards.

Michael Jackson, Noise11, Photo, music news
Michael Jackson’s manager defends singer as he dedicates charity in his name

Michael Jackson‘s former manager, Raymone Bain, defended the late singer while announcing the establishment of the MJ Legacy Foundation on Thursday.

Eminem 2018 by Craig Mcdean
Eminem’s Publisher Sues Spotify

Eminem's music publishers are suing Spotify in a copyright lawsuit potentially worth billions of dollars in alleged damages.

Whitfield Crane
Whitfield Crane Talks Travelling, Touring and Creating

Whitfield Crane's scene is a creative minefield of radness. The Ugly Kid Joe frontman's scene is still as incessant as it was when he answered this question two years ago: “My scene is a lot of movement, a lot of travelling, a backpack, a credit card, a passport, an accountant, no responsibilities, no debt, fun, hedonism, music, surf, sand, snowboard and adventure.” Presently, tennis and orchestras are at the forefront of his scene. In particular, Australian tennis legend Pat Cash, and Crane's very own Orchestra of Doom.

Noel Gallagher of Oasis, Noise11, Photo
What’s The Story Morning Glory with Liam and Noel’s Oasis Songs at Solo Shows?

With both sort of Gallaghers, Liam and Noel, touring Australia in November and December, Oasis fans are pretty much guaranteed an Oasis setlist between the two shows.

Solange
Solange to play four Sydney Opera House dates

Solange is taking on a four-night residency at Australia's iconic Sydney Opera House in January.

Robbie Williams Heavy Entertainment Tour at Rod Laver Arena on Saturday 24 February 2018. Photo by Ros O'Gorman
Robbie Williams teases new music

Robbie Williams took to social media to share a black and white photo of himself back in the studio, leading fans to speculate he might be working on a Christmas album.