Justin Timberlake Has Come To Terms With His Childhood Trauma - Noise11.com
Justin Timberlake - Photo By Ros O'Gorman

Justin Timberlake - Photo By Ros O'Gorman

Justin Timberlake Has Come To Terms With His Childhood Trauma

by Music-News.com on February 9, 2017

Fatherhood has made Justin Timberlake realize how messed up his youth was.

Timberlake became a child star on The Mickey Mouse Club TV show before finding international fame as a member of boy band NSYNC, and he has only just realised how crazy his upbringing was now he’s a dad to young son Silas.

“You go through your life with your own traumas, big and small, and think, ‘It’s not that bad, I have a lot to be thankful for, my parents did the best they could…,'” he tells The Hollywood Reporter, “but then you have a child of your own, and suddenly it opens all the floodgates, and you’re like, ‘No, no, no! That childhood trauma really did fuck me up!'”

Justin is keen to keep his own son far away from show business, even though he’s an international pop superstar and actor and his wife Jessica Biel, Silas’ mother, is an actress – but if his kid insists on following mum and dad into the spotlight, the Cry Me a River singer admits he’ll be a good guy to turn to.

“Would I want my child to follow my path?” Justin muses. “You know, I haven’t been able to answer that question in my mind. If he wanted it bad enough, I suppose I could teach him a lot about what not to do.”

That said, Justin insists he isn’t qualified to do anything but sing, act and be a dad.

“I’m just following my gut in the decisions that I make about what I’m going to do next,” the star admits. “I’m mostly just glad this is all working out because I really can’t do anything else. I’m not gifted at anything else.”

music-news.com

Comments

comments

Tinted Windows
Fountains of Wayne’s Adam Schlesinger Is On A Ventilator Fighting Covid-19

Adam Schlesinger of Fountains of Wayne and Ivy has been placed on a ventilator in an induced coma as he battles Covid-19.

1 hour ago
Joe Diffie
Country Star Joe Diffie Dies After Contracting COVID-19

American country star Joe Diffie has died at age 61 after contracting COVID-19.

John Prine
John Prine In Critical Condition With Covid-19

Legendary singer-songwriter John Prine is in a critical condition after complications from contracting Covid-19.

Dallas Green of City and Colour photo by Ros O'Gorman
City and Colour Reschedule Australian Tour

After recently announcing the postponement of his April Australian tour due to the current COVID-19 crisis and subsequent Government directives, Canadian singer-songwriter Dallas Green today reveals rescheduled national dates for October and November 2020.

Ronan Keating - photo by Ros O'Gorman.
Ronan Keating Becomes A Dad For Fifth Time

Ronan Keating and his wife Storm - who already have Cooper, two, together - have welcomed their second child together, and Ronan’s fifth overall, after Storm gave birth to a daughter named Coco Knox Keating on Friday (27.03.20).

Jon Bon Jovi, Photo By Ros O'Gorman, Noise11, Photo
Jon Bon Jovi Says Son Had Coronavirus But Wasn’t Tested

Jon Bon Jovi is convinced his teenage son had a "mild version" of coronavirus but also says e wasn't tested so they don't know for sure.

Elton John at A Day On The Green at Rochford Winery on Sunday 1 October 2017. Photo by Ros O'Gorman
Dave Grohl and Sam Smith To Join Elton John Coronavirus Benefit Gig

Dave Grohl, Sam Smith, and Camila Cabello have signed on to perform from their living rooms as part of Sir Elton John's star-studded coronavirus relief concert.