Mark Temple of The Hummingbirds has released a solo album - Noise11.com
Mark Temple

Mark Temple

Mark Temple of The Hummingbirds has released a solo album

by Paul Cashmere on May 15, 2019

Mark Temple, formerly of The Hummingbirds, has uploaded a solo album ‘Heads I Win’ to Spotify.

In a statement on Facebook Dr Mark announced, “So… I decided to record a solo album. I took a bottom up approach – starting with raw drum patterns. After adding bass and guitars and a bit of splicing, some kinda musical structure emerged. Lyrics were written and I yodelled atop. Foolishly I recorded and produced this myself which was more taxing than I envisaged (I am my own harshest critic!).

In retrospect I do allow myself some satisfaction at having finished this… though I do miss the social and creative aspect of being in a band.

Anyways, I uploaded the album to various streaming services on the weekend and they will take a few days to process things.

Cheers

Mark Temple was the drummer for Sydney indie pop band The Hummingbirds (1986-1993). The band had a Top 20 hit in 1989 with ‘Blush’.

Dr. Mark Temple is now a lecturer in Molecular Biology in the School of Science and Health at Western Sydney University. He shares his studies via his YouTube channel.

Follow Noise11 on Twitter for news as it happens

For news as it happens follow Noise11 on Facebook

Comments

comments

Don Felder American Rock N Roll
Don Felder’s ‘American Rock ‘N’ Roll’ Album Cover features the art of Bernie Taupin.

I had a simple question for former Eagles guitarist Don Felder. “The Bernie Taupin credited with the artwork on your new album. Is that THE Bernie Taupin?” “That’s the only Bernie Taupin I know,” Felder answered laughing.

Dalicados
Over 100 Years of Combined Melbourne Punk has led us to Dalicados

Dalicados began in 2017 when six friends from bands such as The Chosen Few, Hunters & Collectors, I Spit On Your Gravy, H.A.N.D, In Vivo, Fiona & Her Holy Men, Epic Brass, UNAustralians, Tijuana Souvenirs decided to form a new band.

iOTA in Lazarus for The Production Company
David Bowie’s Lazarus is a Major Win for The Production Company 2019 Season

With the staging of Australia’s first production of David Bowie’s final work ‘Lazarus’, The Production Company has taken a giant risk moving outside its comfort zone. It was the right decision to make.

Jimmy Barnes at Red Hot Summer Mornington 2019 photo Noise11.com
Jimmy Barnes Plans on Shutting Down Your Town

Jimmy Barnes has announced dates for his ‘Shutting Down Your Town’ Australia and New Zealand tour starting September with an impressive list of special guests to open.

Chris Ryan Phoebe Panaretos and iOTA photo by Jeff Busby
Chris Ryan Talks About His Starring Role As Newton in Bowie’s Lazarus

In 2018 Jeanne Pratt’s The Production Company scored a major win for Melbourne. The company acquired the rights to David Bowie’s final work ‘Lazarus’.

ZZ Top the musical
ZZ Top Musical ‘Sharp Dressed Man’ is on the way

A musical based on the music of ZZ Top is currently in development in the USA. Michael Gruber and Jason Gastwirth from Caesars Entertainment along with Carl Stubner and Prem Akkaraju are developing ‘Sharp Dressed Man’ the musical to debut in Las Vegas in 2020.

Stiff Little Fingers
Stiff Little Fingers 2020 Australian and New Zealand Dates for David Roy Williams

When Stiff Little Fingers arrive in Australia in February 2019 for David Roy Williams it will be exactly 41 years and two weeks since the release of their debut album ‘Inflammable Material’ in 1979.