Meg Mac Previews Debut Album With ‘Low Blows' - Noise11.com
Meg Mac, J Awards photo by Ros OGorman

Meg Mac, J Awards photo by Ros OGorman

Meg Mac Previews Debut Album With ‘Low Blows’

by Noise11.com on April 11, 2017

Melbourne singer-songwriter Meg Mac has revealed the first taste of her upcoming album with the song ‘Low Blows’.

“I wrote Low Blows on piano in my bedroom in Melbourne,” Meg said in a statement. “The song is about the need to stand up for myself – I don’t speak up or stand up for myself when I really need to. Since releasing it I’ve received lots of messages suggesting I’m not the only one who struggles with this.

“Low Blows was recorded at Niles City Sound Studio in Fort Worth, Texas with the guys who produced and played on Leon Bridge’s record – Some vocals were done in one take; I really wanted it to sound and feel like you were in the studio with me”.

Listen to Low Blows:

Comments

comments

George Ezra
Australian Charts : George Ezra ‘Shotgun’ Debuts At No 1

The former UK and Irish No.1 song for George Ezra entitled "Shotgun" blasts its way into the top spot in Australia for its first week at the summit of the ARIA Singles Chart.

Drake, Photo by Ros O'Gorman
Drake Sues Woman Over False Pregnancy and Rape Claim

Drake has filed a lawsuit against a woman who claimed he got her pregnant before accusing him of rape.

Mac Miller, music news, noise11.com
Mac Miller Fans Furious Miller Wasn’t Paid Tribute

Fans were left furious when Mac Miller was left out of the In Memoriam segment at the 70th Primetime Emmy Awards on Monday night.

Ed Sheeran, Noise11, Ros O'Gorman, Photo
Ed Sheeran Plays For Sick Kids In Hospital

Ed Sheeran paid a surprise visit to a children's hospital in Massachusetts over the weekend (15-16Sep18) and performed for his sick young fans.

Skegss
Skegss Have The Number One Selling Album In Australia

Byron Bay surf rock band Skegss had the number one album in real sales in Australia this week, taking out the ‘experimental’ streaming figure.

Eminem Kamikaze
Australian Charts: Eminem ‘Kamikaze’ Spends 2nd Week At No 1

Eminem's "Kamikaze" holds for a second week at the top of the ARIA Albums Chart helped by the physical release a week after it's initial digital drop.

Dean Lewis
Australian Charts: Dean Lewis ‘Be Alright’ Spends 5th Week At No 1

Dean Lewis lands a fifth straight week at No.1 on the ARIA Singles Chart with his track "Be Alright", becoming now the equal third longest run at the top during 2018.