Meg Mac Previews Debut Album With ‘Low Blows' - Noise11.com
Meg Mac, J Awards photo by Ros OGorman

Meg Mac, J Awards photo by Ros OGorman

Meg Mac Previews Debut Album With ‘Low Blows’

by Noise11.com on April 11, 2017

Melbourne singer-songwriter Meg Mac has revealed the first taste of her upcoming album with the song ‘Low Blows’.

“I wrote Low Blows on piano in my bedroom in Melbourne,” Meg said in a statement. “The song is about the need to stand up for myself – I don’t speak up or stand up for myself when I really need to. Since releasing it I’ve received lots of messages suggesting I’m not the only one who struggles with this.

“Low Blows was recorded at Niles City Sound Studio in Fort Worth, Texas with the guys who produced and played on Leon Bridge’s record – Some vocals were done in one take; I really wanted it to sound and feel like you were in the studio with me”.

Listen to Low Blows:

Comments

comments

Tones and I
Australian Charts: Tones and I spends third week as No 1 single

Toni Watson under her moniker of Tones and I remains perched atop the ARIA Singles Chart tree with "Dance Monkey", which is newly 2x▲Platinum in sales and her highest of her three Top 21 entries this week.

Love Deluxe
Mike O’Connell Became Love Deluxe Because He Was A Huge Sade Fan

Sydney’s Mike O’Connell is known professional as Love Deluxe because he is a huge Sade fan.

Mark Ronson photo by Ros O'Gorman
Mark Ronson releases interactive video

Mark Ronson has debuted the first-ever interactive Instagram Stories music video on Wednesday.

Miley Cyrus Bangerz Tour. Photo by Ros O'Gorman
Liam Hemsworth Officially Files for Divorce from Miley Cyrus

Liam Hemsworth has made his marriage split official by filing for divorce.

The Soul Movers
The Soul Movers are moving into Queensland this weekend

The Soul Movers are taking their sweet soul music to Queensland. The band, fronted by Lizzie Mack and featuring former red Wiggle Murray Cook, have three shows in Queensland this weekend.

Taylor Swift, Etihad, Frontier Touring, Ros O'Gorman, Photo
Taylor Swift wants to re-record her first 6 albums to stuff up Scooter Braun

Taylor Swift has taken Kelly Clarkson's advice to heart and now plans to re-record all her early hits to thwart music mogul Scooter Braun's takeover of her former label.

Bon Iver
Bon Iver ‘s Justin Vernon Regrets His Eminem Post

Bon Iver star Justin Vernon regrets being so public in his criticism of a controversial Eminem track he featured on.