Meg Mac Previews Debut Album With ‘Low Blows' - Noise11.com
Meg Mac, J Awards photo by Ros OGorman

Meg Mac, J Awards photo by Ros OGorman

Meg Mac Previews Debut Album With ‘Low Blows’

by Noise11.com on April 11, 2017

Melbourne singer-songwriter Meg Mac has revealed the first taste of her upcoming album with the song ‘Low Blows’.

“I wrote Low Blows on piano in my bedroom in Melbourne,” Meg said in a statement. “The song is about the need to stand up for myself – I don’t speak up or stand up for myself when I really need to. Since releasing it I’ve received lots of messages suggesting I’m not the only one who struggles with this.

“Low Blows was recorded at Niles City Sound Studio in Fort Worth, Texas with the guys who produced and played on Leon Bridge’s record – Some vocals were done in one take; I really wanted it to sound and feel like you were in the studio with me”.

Listen to Low Blows:

Comments

comments

Rufus Du Sol
Rufus Du Sol to take Lastlings and Cassian on the road

Lastlings and Cassian will open for Rüfüs du Sol across Australia for the Solace tour of 2019.

G Flip
Melbourne’s G Flip scores ARIA Emerging Artist Scholarship

Melbourne singer, songwriter, producer and drummer G Flip has received the 2019 ARIA Emerging Artist Scholarship.

Chance The Rapper
Chance the Rapper takes a break to study the Bible

Chance the Rapper is taking a "sabbatical" from the limelight to study the Bible after becoming an uncle for the first time.

noise11 the 1975 splendour photo, ian laidlaw photograph
UK Charts: The 1975 score third no 1 album

Congratulations to The 1975, who land straight in at Number 1 on this week's Official Albums Chart with A Brief Inquiry Into Online Relationships.

Ariana Grande Sweetener
Australian Charts: Ariana Grande ‘thank u, next’ number one for 4th week

Could the Ariana Grande track "thank u, next" become the final No.1 of 2018, as this week it lands a fourth week atop the ARIA Singles Chart, plus also a fourth stay in New Zealand and Canada and logs a fifth week atop the UK and Irish singles charts too.

Palace of the King
Palace of the King have a stack of dates over summer

Palace of the King has a stack of tour dates across December and January starting tonight in Emu Plains and finishing up on 25 January in Belconnen as they open for The Screaming Jets and a show with Living Color.

J.I.D
Rapper J.I.D to play one Australian show in 2019 for Live Nation

Live Nation will bring rapper J.I.D to Australia for one headline show in Melbourne in 2019.