Meg Mac Previews Debut Album With ‘Low Blows' - Noise11.com
Meg Mac, J Awards photo by Ros OGorman

Meg Mac, J Awards photo by Ros OGorman

Meg Mac Previews Debut Album With ‘Low Blows’

by Noise11.com on April 11, 2017

Melbourne singer-songwriter Meg Mac has revealed the first taste of her upcoming album with the song ‘Low Blows’.

“I wrote Low Blows on piano in my bedroom in Melbourne,” Meg said in a statement. “The song is about the need to stand up for myself – I don’t speak up or stand up for myself when I really need to. Since releasing it I’ve received lots of messages suggesting I’m not the only one who struggles with this.

“Low Blows was recorded at Niles City Sound Studio in Fort Worth, Texas with the guys who produced and played on Leon Bridge’s record – Some vocals were done in one take; I really wanted it to sound and feel like you were in the studio with me”.

Listen to Low Blows:

Comments

comments

Sky Ferreira
Sky Ferreira Delays New Music Due To Illness

Sky Ferreira has been unable to release new music recently due to a mystery illness.

Rag n Bone
Rag’n’Bone Man Adds Some Sydney and Melbourne Dates

Rag’n’Bone Man will play some Bluesfest sideshows in Sydney and Melbourne in March.

Pink, Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne, Ros O'Gorman, Photo
Pink Denies Frowning During Christina Aguilera’s Whitney Houston Tribute

Pink has hit back at claims she was seen grimacing as Christina Aguilera paid tribute to Whitney Houston during a performance at the American Music Awards on Sunday night.

Taylor Swift, Etihad, Ros O'Gorman, Photo
Grammy Judges Uncomfortable With Taylor Swift’s Competitor Put-downs

Taylor Swift's takedown of artists Katy Perry and Kanye West may harm her album's chances of winning big at the 2018 Grammy Awards.

Taylor Swift, Etihad, Frontier Touring, Ros O'Gorman, Photo
Australian Charts: Taylor Swift ‘Reputation’ Debuts At No 1

The sixth studio album for US singer/songwriter Taylor Swift titled "Reputation" debuts at No.1 on the ARIA Albums Chart this week, becoming her fourth chart-topping album here.

Camila Cabello
Australian Charts: No 1 Song Goes To Camila Cabello and Young Thug

After waiting for five weeks at No.2, the Camila Cabello and Young Thug slow-salsa track "Havana" climbs to the top of the ARIA Singles Chart, matching its current peak in England, Ireland and Canada.

Seth Meyers introduces Alex Lahey to America
Seth Meyers Introduces Australia’s Alex Lahey To The USA

Talk show host Seth Meyers had Melbourne singer songwriter Alex Lahey on his The Late Show With Seth Meyers this week.