Meg Mac Previews Debut Album With ‘Low Blows' - Noise11.com
Meg Mac, J Awards photo by Ros OGorman

Meg Mac, J Awards photo by Ros OGorman

Meg Mac Previews Debut Album With ‘Low Blows’

by Noise11.com on April 11, 2017

Melbourne singer-songwriter Meg Mac has revealed the first taste of her upcoming album with the song ‘Low Blows’.

“I wrote Low Blows on piano in my bedroom in Melbourne,” Meg said in a statement. “The song is about the need to stand up for myself – I don’t speak up or stand up for myself when I really need to. Since releasing it I’ve received lots of messages suggesting I’m not the only one who struggles with this.

“Low Blows was recorded at Niles City Sound Studio in Fort Worth, Texas with the guys who produced and played on Leon Bridge’s record – Some vocals were done in one take; I really wanted it to sound and feel like you were in the studio with me”.

Listen to Low Blows:

Comments

comments

City Calm Down
City Calm Down make a statement with their brand new song ‘Television’

Melbourne band City Calm Down are making a statement about the media with their new song ‘Television’.

N.Y.C.K.
N.Y.C.K. drop their first new music since 2017

Melbourne duo Dominique Garrard and Nicholas Acquroff aka N.Y.C.K. have released ‘Wild Streak’, their first new music since the ‘Alive’ EP of 2017.

Courtney Barnett performs in the ABC Melbourne Studio Foyer celebrating the 25th Anniversary of the Archie Roach album Charcoal Road. Photo by Ros O'Gorman
Courtney Barnett To Launch Tell Me How You Really Feel installation at The Other Art Fair Melbourne

Courtney Barnett’s Tell Me How You Really Feel project will be brought to life at The Other Art Fair Melbourne in May.

Kelsea Ballerini
Kelsea Ballerini becomes the Youngest Member of the Grand Ole Opry

Kelsea Ballerini became the youngest current member of the Grand Ole Opry in Tennessee on Tuesday night.

Julia Jacklin
Julia Jacklin Makes A Video Backstage for ‘Comfort’

Julia Jacklin has made a video for her song ‘Comfort’ backstage while on tour in the UK with First Aid Kit.

Courtney Barnett Has A New Video for ‘Everybody Here Hates You’

Courtney Barnett has debuted her video for ‘Everybody Here Hates You’.

Josh Piterman
Josh Piterman to Perform his own shows in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane

Theatre star Josh Piterman will perform his own shows in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane in June.