Mick Jagger has reportedly been given the all-clear by doctors following his emergency heart operation.
The Rolling Stones frontman was under doctors’ orders to rest after the life-saving procedure, but has now been cleared to tour again, according to British newspaper The Sun.
“Mick is delighted to be back to full health and feels 100 per cent after his op. He is his normal chipper and positive self,” a music source told the publication. “Doctors are really pleased with his progress and were happy to give him a clean bill of health.”
The rockers were forced to cancel gigs on their U.S. tour as the 75-year-old underwent keyhole surgery in New York last month (Apr19), after doctors found “something untoward” during the veteran rocker’s routine scan.
On Friday (10May19), his eldest daughter Jade Jagger posted a picture of him smiling at a “family day” in London with her younger sister, model Georgia May Jagger.
The father of eight was also spotted at The Oval cricket ground in London with Rolling Stones drummer Charlie Watts to watch England’s match against Pakistan on Wednesday.
Following the op, Jagger, who now has a replacement heart valve, told fans he is “on the mend” but the rescheduled dates on their No Filter trek, which was due to begin in April in Miami, Florida, are yet to be announced.
A source told The Sun that Jagger feels 100 per cent fit, and is back to his normal, positive self.
“His healthy eating has really helped with his recovery and he’s been taking it easy and resting, as well as enjoying down time with his friends and family. The health scare has just reminded him to keep taking good care of himself,” they said.
Jagger’s girlfriend of five years, ballet dancer Melanie Hamrick, 32, has reportedly been by his side throughout.They welcomed their son Deveraux in 2016.