Chicago Leads Voting For 2016 Hall Of Fame - Noise11.com
Jason Scheff and Robert Lamm of Chicago at Noise11

Jason Scheff and Robert Lamm of Chicago at Noise11

Chicago Leads Voting For 2016 Hall Of Fame

by Music-News.com on December 5, 2015

in News

Music fans are adamant about who they want to see in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame this year.

With only a couple of days left to vote, five of the fifteen artists nominated have over 87% of the total ballots submitted leaving less than 13% to spread over the other ten nominees and it is Chicago that they want to see inducted the most. The “rock band with horns” is one of the most successful American groups in history with 29 top twenty singles and 15 top twenty albums and has received almost a quarter of all votes by fans for the Rock Hall.

Chicago is followed by Yes, the Cars, Deep Purple and Steve Miller, all of which have 15% to 16% of the vote each. The closest to the five leaders is Janet Jackson with 5.9% and all other nominees have 1.5% or below.

Five of the fifteen nominees will be voted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. The top five from the fan vote will count as one ballot towards the final selection equal to any other writer, artist or industry person.

The current standings:
Chicago – 23.42% (37630383 votes)
Yes – 16.19% (26017304 votes)
The Cars – 16.15% (25947385 votes)
Deep Purple – 15.88% (25519628 votes)
Steve Miller – 15.87% (25493605 votes)
Janet Jackson – 5.88% (9453546 votes)
Cheap Trick – 1.44% (2308236 votes)
The Spinners – 1.28% (2057530 votes)
Chaka Khan – 1.15% (1852108 votes)
Chic – 0.84% (1343381 votes)
The J.B.’s – 0.59% (946890 votes)
N.W.A. – 0.42% (668673 votes)
Nine Inch Nails – 0.35% (558469 votes)
The Smiths – 0.30% (485622 votes)
Los Lobos – 0.25% (400192 votes)

——————————————————————————————————————————————

Never miss a story! Get your free Noise11.com daily music news email alert. Subscribe to the Noise11 Music Newsletter here

Listen to the Noise11 Music News channel now at iHeartRadio

Follow Noise11.com on Facebook and Twitter

NOISE11 UPDATES are now in Apple News

more from vvnmusic.com

Comments

comments

Related Posts

The Rolling Stones perform at Rod Laver Arena in Melbourne on 5 November 2014. (AAP Image/Noise 11/Ros O’Gorman) NO ARCHIVING, EDITORIAL USE ONLY
The Rolling Stones Kick Off First Show of 2019 with Street Fighting Man

‘Street Fighting Man’ was the first anthem for the Rolling Stones first show of the No Filter 2019 tour in Chicago.

June 22, 2019
Jason Donovan stars as Billy Flynn in Chicago
Jason Donovan to Star in next Australian Production of Chicago

Jason Donovan is heading to his hometown Melbourne to star in the next Australian production of Chicago.

June 9, 2019
Deitra Farr
Deitra Farr is coming to MEMO Music Hall for her first-ever Australian show

Chicago Blues Hall of Famer Deitra Farr will perform for the first time ever in Australia at MEMO Music Hall, St Kilda in January and treat Melbourne to authentic Chicago blues.

December 24, 2018
Leonid Vorobyev Leonid & Friends
Leonid Vorobyev takes the music of Chicago and Earth Wind & Fire to Russian audiences

Moscow based musician Leonid Vorobyev has a band is Moscow that sounds more like Chicago than Chicago.

November 13, 2018
Max Schachter with Chicago
Chicago Invite 1000 Students and Families To Florida Concert To Honor Alex Schachter

Chicago have invited 1000 students, their families and school staff to their West Palm Beach concert on July 20 to honor Alex Schachter, one of the first victims of the Marjory Stoneman Douglas massacre in Parkland, Florida.

July 24, 2018
Diane Warren photo by Emily Shur, Noise11, Photo
Songwriter Sues Diane Warren Over Chicago Hit 31 Years Later

It took him 31 years to finally make the filing but Brendan Greaves, 45, has sued Diane Warren over the Chicago hit "Look Away".

June 6, 2018
Chicago II
Chicago To Release Chicago II Soundstage Performance As Live Album

This year, Chicago is spending all their time saluting their classic album Chicago II.

May 17, 2018