Neil Young has announced details of ‘Tuscaloosa’, the next album in his archive series.
‘Tuscaloosa’ was recorded on February 5, 1973 at the University of Alabama, in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. Young’s band is the Stray Gators. The recordings were after the release of ‘Harvest’ and features two songs ‘Lookout Joe’ and ‘New Mama’ that would not surface for two more years on ‘Tonight’s The Night’.
Young released the live album ‘Time Fades Away’ from the tour but was never happy with the finished album and has not made it available as a stand alone CD, although a limited edition of 3000 copies was made available as part of the ‘Original Release Series 5-8’, released in 2018.
‘Tuscaloosa’ features 11 songs from the University of Alabama show. Historic setlists show the night had extra songs that have not been included on this release.
Neil Young and the Stray Gators, ‘Tuscaloosa’ Track Listing
1. Here We Are In The Years (from Neil Young, 1969)
2. After The Gold Rush (from After The Gold Rush, 1970)
3. Out On The Weekend (from Harvest, 1972)
4. Harvest (from Harvest, 1972)
5. Old Man (from Harvest, 1972)
6. Heart Of Gold (from Harvest, 1972)
7. Time Fades Away (from Time Fades Away, 1973)
8. Lookout Joe (from Tonight’s The Night, 1975)
9. New Mama (from Tonight’s The Night, 1975)
10. Alabama (from Harvest, 1972)
11. Don’t Be Denied (from Time Fades Away, 1973)
On The Way Home (from Buffalo Springfield, Last Time Around, 1968)
The Loner (from Neil Young, 1969)
Southern Man (from After The Gold Rush, 1970)
Are You Ready For The Country (from Harvest, 1972)
‘Tuscaloosa’ will be released on 7 June, 2019.
Young’s next studio album of new material will be the album he recorded last week in the Rockies with Crazy Horse. After indicating that Crazy Horse have 11 new songs to record, Young confirmed on Friday at eight songs have been recorded (so far).