R.I.P. Peter Sarstedt 1941-2017 - Noise11.com
Peter Sarstedt

R.I.P. Peter Sarstedt 1941-2017

by Paul Cashmere on January 9, 2017

Singer-songwriter Peter Sarstedt, best known for the hits ‘Where Do You Go To My Lovely’ and ‘Frozen Orange Juice’, has died at the age of 75.

Sarsdedt was born in India. His parents were civil servants in the British administration.

Peter came from a musical family. His brothers were pop singers Eden Kane and Clive Sarstedt. Eden had a no 1 UK hit with ‘Well I Ask You’ in 1961. Clive (as Robin Sarstedt, has a no 3 hit in the UK in 1976 with ‘My Resistance Is Low’.

In 1970 Peter Sarstedt’s ‘Where Do You Go To My Lovely’ won the Ivor Novello Prize for Best Song Musically and Lyrically.

2007 saw a revival of Peter’s music when ‘Where Do You Go To My Lovely’ was used in the movies ‘Hotel Chevalier’ and ‘The Darjeeling Limited’.

Peter last performed live in 2010. His last album ‘Restless Heart’ was released in 2013.

He was diagnosed with dementia in 2013 and suffered from progressive supranuclear palsy in 2015.

The X Studio

Comments

comments

Ringo-Starrs-All-Starr-Band-Festival-Hall-Photo-By-Ros-OGorman
Paul McCartney Was In The Studio With Ringo Starr This Week

For only the second time this decade, Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr have entered the studio together.

Lisa Marie Presley
Police Confirm Presley Family Investigated For Child Abuse

Police officers in Beverly Hills have confirmed they received child abuse allegations relating to Lisa Marie Presley's family last summer.

Clyde Stubblefield
R.I.P. Clyde Stubblefield Drummer For James Brown 1943-2017

U.S. drummer Clyde Stubblefield, best known for his work with James Brown, has died from liver failure at the age of 73.

Joan Baez, noise11.com. music news
Joan Baez, Mary Chapin Carpenter and Indigo Girls Announce US Tour

The "Four Voices Tour" featuring Joan Baez, Mary Chapin Carpenter and the Indigo Girls is set for the US in June.

Walter Junie Morrison
R.I.P. Walter ‘Junie’ Morrison of Ohio Players 1954-2017

Walter "Junie" Morrison, who left his musical mark on both the Ohio Players and Parliament-Funkadelic, has died at the age of 62.

Moody Blues Days of Future Past 50
Moody Blues To Mark 50th Anniversary Of Day Of Future Passed With Tour

The Moody Blues will return to North America in June and July to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of their album Days of Future Passed.

kd lang photo by Ros O'Gorman, Noise11, photo
Why The Rolling Stones Gave k.d. lang A Songwriting Credit

k.d. lang will celebrate the 25th anniversary of her international hit album ‘Ingénue’ with the Ingénue Redux Tour in Australia in July and one of the songs on that album inspired a Rolling Stones song.

February 16, 2017