R.I.P. Peter Sarstedt 1941-2017 - Noise11.com
Peter Sarstedt

R.I.P. Peter Sarstedt 1941-2017

by Paul Cashmere on January 9, 2017

Singer-songwriter Peter Sarstedt, best known for the hits ‘Where Do You Go To My Lovely’ and ‘Frozen Orange Juice’, has died at the age of 75.

Sarsdedt was born in India. His parents were civil servants in the British administration.

Peter came from a musical family. His brothers were pop singers Eden Kane and Clive Sarstedt. Eden had a no 1 UK hit with ‘Well I Ask You’ in 1961. Clive (as Robin Sarstedt, has a no 3 hit in the UK in 1976 with ‘My Resistance Is Low’.

In 1970 Peter Sarstedt’s ‘Where Do You Go To My Lovely’ won the Ivor Novello Prize for Best Song Musically and Lyrically.

2007 saw a revival of Peter’s music when ‘Where Do You Go To My Lovely’ was used in the movies ‘Hotel Chevalier’ and ‘The Darjeeling Limited’.

Peter last performed live in 2010. His last album ‘Restless Heart’ was released in 2013.

He was diagnosed with dementia in 2013 and suffered from progressive supranuclear palsy in 2015.

The X Studio

Comments

comments

Yoko Ono. Photo by Ros O'Gorman, Noise11, Photo
Yoko Ono Talks World Peace

“[My husband] wrote Imagine as a song calling for peace around the world. Today, we need peace more than ever… Imagine. Together we can make peace happen. Then the world truly will live as one” – Yoko Ono Lennon.

Leonard Cohen
Watch Leonard Cohen Leaving The Table Animated Video

Leonard Cohen released his final album, You Want It Darker, on October 21, 2016 and died just two weeks later on November 7.

Bob Dylan Trouble No More
Bob Dylan Gospel Period Is The Subject Of New Bootleg Series

Columbia Records and Legacy Recordings, the catalog division of Sony Music Entertainment, will release Bob Dylan - Trouble No More - The Bootleg Series Vol. 13 / 1979-1981 on Friday, November 3.

Judy Parker Gaudio
R.I.P. Judy Parker Gaudio

Judy Parker Gaudio, writer of Billboard chart-topping songs and Broadway hits, passed away peacefully from respiratory complications on Thursday, her husband ‪Bob Gaudio confirmed. Se was 79.

John Fogerty - image by Ros O'Gorman
John Fogerty Flows Over To BMG

John Fogerty is going back in the studio to record his tenth solo studio album and first since 2013's Wrote a Song For Everyone.

Rolling Stone Lennon cover
Rolling Stone Sales Signals End Of An Era

In 1967, a young Jann Wenner published the first edition of Rolling Stone with the help of critic Ralph J. Gleason.

Harry Dean Stanton
R.I.P. Harry Dean Stanton 1926-2017

One of American’s greatest character actors Harry Dean Stanton has died at the age of 91.