The rare Paul McCartney track ‘Blue Sway’ has been used for the soundtrack of Frances Ha.
‘Frances Ha’ is the new movie from The Squid and the Whale director Noah Baumbach. It is a movie about two best friends, one who moves out to live with another friend, leaving the other to herself.
‘Frances Ha’ premiered at the Telluride Film Festival in Colorado in September, 2011 and was released commercially into US cinemas on May 17.
Baumbach used better known songs such as David Bowie ‘Modern Love’ and Hot Chocolate ‘Every 1’s A Winner’ for the soundtrack but dug deep for the fairly unknown McCartney song.
‘Blue Sway’ was recorded for, but not used on, the 1980 Paul McCartney album ‘McCartney II’. The song eventually surfaced on bonus disc of the 2011 reissue of ‘McCartney II’.
The ‘Frances Ha’ soundtrack also features music by Harry Nilsson, and T. Rex.
1. Camille- Georges Delerue
2. Chrome Sitar – T Rex
3. King Of Hearts La Pavane Polka – Georges Delerue
4. L’Ecole Buissoniere- Jean Constantin
5. Blue Sway – Paul McCartney
6. Domicile Conjugal- Antoine Duhamel
7. Modern Love- David Bowie
8. Million Dollar Doll- Dean and Britta
9. Every1’s A Winner- Hot Chocolate
10. Miss Butter’s Lament- Harry Nilsson
11. Negresco’s Waltz- Georges Delerue
12. King of Hearts Le Repos- Georges Delerue