Red Symons Pays Tribute To Son Samuel On 3AW - Noise11.com
Red Symons, Skyhooks. Photo by Ros O'Gorman

Red Symons with Skyhooks. Photo by Ros O'Gorman

Red Symons Pays Tribute To Son Samuel On 3AW

by Paul Cashmere on October 18, 2018

Red Symons has paid tribute to his son Samuel on Neil Mitchell’s program on 3AW.

Samuel died from cancer two weeks ago at age 27 after battling cancer since he was four.

Red Symons told Neil Mitchell, “One of the ironies of the situation is having spent most of my life making sure that complete and utter strangers recognise me in the street, I have received condolences from complete and utter strangers which has overwhelmed me with, obviously, grief. Sincere thanks to them”.

Symons used the Mitchell program to pay a eulogy to his son. “Samuel I have always loved you, I will always love you, I shall always have you,” he said.

Samuel had earned a Masters Degree by age 24. “He was the most qualified person in the family”.

Red said he spoke with Sam about death just three weeks before he died. Sam said, “I don’t worry about death because it has been part of my life.”

Watch the Red Symons interview here:

For news as it happens follow Noise11 on Facebook

Comments

comments

Neil Young Malibu home
Neil Young and Miley Cyrus have lost homes in the California fires

Neil Young and Miley Cyrus have confirmed their houses have burnt to the ground in the fires raging Southern California.

Kate Bush
Kate Bush removes Rolf Harris contribution from Aerial reissue

Kate Bush has had the work of convicted sexual assault perpetrator Rolf Harris removed from the new remaster of her 2005 ‘Aerial’ album.

Hugh Cornwell
Hugh Cornwell of The Stranglers is bringing Monster to Australia and New Zealand

Hugh Cornwell, the former lead singer and songwriter for The Stranglers, will tour his Monster Tour in Australia and New Zealand next May.

Ace Frehley at Rod Laver Arena on Friday 20 October 2017. Photo by Ros O'Gorman
Ace Frehley wants to go on the final Kiss tour

Ace Frehley says he wants in on the Kiss farewell tour and that the band “can’t do a final tour without me”.

Aerosmith-Stone-Music-Festival-Sydney-Photo-By-Ros-OGorman
Aerosmith’s Joe Perry in hospital after collapsing after Billy Joel concert

Aerosmith star Joe Perry was hospitalised after performing with Billy Joel at Madison Square Garden in New York on Saturday night.

Elton John at A Day On The Green at Rochford Winery on Sunday 1 October 2017. Photo by Ros O'Gorman
Elton John gifted Taron Edgeton diamond earrings for movie role

Sir Elton John handed Taron Egerton his first diamond earring after learning the actor had his ear pierced to play the Crocodile Rock singer in a new biopic.

Joan Jett and the Blackhearts
Joan Jett celebrates record number of female politicians with ‘Fresh Start’ video

Joan Jett has recorded a new song ‘Fresh Start’ to pay tribute to the record number of women running for office in the USA.