Sam Smith releases his new song with Normani Dancing With A Stranger - Noise11.com
Sam Smith plays the Town Hall in Melbourne at an intimate show put on by iHeart Radio, KiisFM and Optus Yes. Photo by Ros O'Gorman

Sam Smith plays the Town Hall in Melbourne at an intimate show put on by iHeart Radio Photo by Ros O'Gorman

Sam Smith releases his new song with Normani Dancing With A Stranger

by Paul Cashmere on January 11, 2019

Sam Smith’s new song ‘Dancing With A Stranger’ has been released making this the second new Sam Smith son in three weeks.

Just three weeks ago Smith released ‘Fire On Fire’ from the remake of Watership Down.

On the new single Sam Smith says, “I’m so excited for everyone to hear “Dancing With a Stranger,” which I wrote on The Thrill Of It All tour last year. For me it bottles everything I was feeling whilst juggling my personal life and touring. It is also such a beautiful moment for me as I’m a huge, huge fan of Normani and everything she is. I’m so excited to watch her light shine. I hope everyone enjoys hearing this song as much as I do.”

‘Dancing With A Stranger’ met Normani from Fifth Harmony when he was writing with Stargate and Jimmy Napes. She was working in the studio next door.

Follow Noise11 on Twitter for news as it happens

For news as it happens follow Noise11 on Facebook

Comments

comments

Emin
Russian Pop Star Emin, centre of the Trump Russia controversy, sends up Trump in video

Emin Agalarov, the Russian pop star introduced by former Australian-based promo guy Rob Goldstone to the Donald Trump Jr in June 2016, has created a piss-take (pardon the pun) video sending up the Trump family.

Ariana Grande Sweetener
Ariana Grande digs a deeper hole over 7 Rings plagiarism controversy

Ariana Grande is apologising for causing any offence after appearing to brush off the controversy surrounding her new song 7 Rings.

Jacknife Stiletto
Jackknife Stiletto, the nice surprise discovery at Red Hot Summer

Jackknife Stiletto is a band I discovered for the first time on the Red Hot Summer tour. Not because they are on the line-up, but because lead singer Annie Stoic is also part of Joan Jett’s crew.

Ariana Grande Sweetener
Ariana Grande Targeted for Potential Plagiarism

Puerto Rican rapper Princess Nokia has slammed Ariana Grande, accusing the pop star of stealing her song.

Post Malone
Australian Singles : Post Malone and Swae Lee ‘Sunflower’ number one for third week

The Post Malone and Swae Lee track from 'Spider-Man: Into the Spider-verse' titled 'Sunflower" blooms at the top of the ARIA Singles Chart for a third consecutive week, the song also scores its first certification this week too, newly crowned ▲Platinum in sales.

Mansionair
Mansionair to finally release a debut album ‘Shadowboxer’

Mansionair’s debut album ‘Shadowboxer’ has been a work in progress. The album was created over a three-year period between a garage in Sydney to a cabin in California.

Bryan Adams Photo by Ros O'Gorman
Ed Sheeran co-wrote Bryan Adams new song ‘Shine A Light’

Slap Ed Sheeran’s name on a song and everything old is new again. Bryan Adams is counting on it. He co-wrote his new song ‘Shine A Light’ with Sheeran.