Michael Nesmith, Micky Dolenz and Peter Tork are about to go on the road as the Monkees for the first time in 15 years.
Dolenz, Tork and the late Davy Jones, who died in February, went out on the road last year for a number of dates but Nesmith has not joined the group since a U.K. run in 1997. The normally reclusive Nesmith recently announced a short solo tour of the U.K., indicating that he might be ready to do more live dates.
On Wednesday, Nesmith made one of his typical rambling statements on the tour:
So the big news from here is that I made the most amazing gazpacho tonight — miracle gazpacho. A miracle because I have no idea how I did it and could never do it again.
But the really big news — astounding — is that I suddenly understand that it is the red Bell pepper that makes the gazpacho red — not the tomato — which is what I always thought. Amazing.
Another jaw dropper was that the only cracker I had left — a very nice garlic and chive flat bread cracker — fell out of the bag it was in because I was inadvertently holding it upside down and it fell on the floor and broke into dozens of pieces.
So just as I was about to eat the miracle gazpacho the only cracker I had was useless in pieces on the floor. Talk about drama — man its just so hard sometimes.But that’s all the news from here. Nothing else much to report. I see they put a car on Mars — that was kind of amusing of course.
And Micky and Peter and I are going to do twelve concerts in November here in the States.That’s really all I’ve got. Going to bed now.
I’ll post pictures of the cracker and the gazpacho tomorrow, maybe. Maybe not.
If this tour turns out like last summer’s trek, get ready for a lengthy set of hits and some very deep album cuts.
- 11/08 – Escondido, CA – California Center for the Arts
- 11/09 – Santa Barbara, CA – The Arlington Theatre
- 11/10 – Los Angeles, CA – Greek Theatre
- 11/11 – Cupertino, CA – Flint Center for the Performing Arts
- 11/15 – Minneapolis, MN – State Theatre
- 11/16 – Chicago, IL – The Chicago Theatre
- 11/17 – Cleveland, OH – Lakewood Civic Auditorium
- 11/18 – Buffalo, NY – The Center For The Arts
- 11/29 – Philadelphia, PA – Keswick Theatre
- 11/30 – New Brunswick, NJ – State Theatre Regional Arts Center
- 12/01 – Huntington, NY – The Paramount
- 12/02 – New York, NY – The Beacon Theatre