Tom Jones has a new batch of songs ready for release.
Jones has announced the follow up to 2010′s acclaimed collection of songs that was ‘Praise and Blame’ with the release of ‘Spirit In The Room’ on 21st May 2012 through Island Records.
‘Praise and Blame’ saw Tom mark a return to his roots and emerge with a powerful body of work drawn from the American spiritual repertoire. Now moving forward with ‘Spirit In The Room’, Tom draws on an evocative range of compositions executed with an unprocessed passion that make them his own.
An interpretation of Tom Wait’s ‘Bad As Me’, a wonderful rendition of Odetta’s ‘Hit Or Miss’, the front porch blues of Vera Hall Ward’s ‘Travelling Shoes’ and a stunning reading of the other-worldly ‘Charlie Darwin’ by Low Anthem all chart his progression.
Ever busy Tom has also graced a recent single on Jack White’s Third Man label .
‘Spirit In The Room’ is:
1. Tower Of Song (L. Cohen) 6. Bad As Me (T.Waits)
2. (I Want To) Come Home (P.McCartney) 7. Dimming Of The Day(R & LThompson)
3. Hit Or Miss (Odetta) 8. Travelling Shoes (V. Hall Ward)
4. Love And Blessings (P. Simon) 9. All Blues Hail Mary (J. Henry)
5. Soul Of A Man (Blind Willie Johnson) 10. Charlie Darwin (Low Anthem)
There will be a Deluxe Edition album which will contain the additional recordings ‘Just Dropped in’, ‘Lone Pilgrim’ and ‘When The Deal Goes Down’.