The Rolling Stones pay tribute, the RZA challenges Jay-Z to a chess game, Trivium go track-by-track, Steve Aoki endorses Gorilla Biscuits and heaps more.
Here’s a little browse through the musical world of Twitter today.
- Matchbox 20 frontman Rob Thomas’ wife is rather observant: a single Aretha Franklin boob is greater than a single Buble.
- In some parallel universe, Fran Healy of Travis is dreaming about Mogwai (the Scottish post-rock masters, not the pre-Gremlins).
- Q-Tip from A Tribe Called Quest is dropping some terrifying factoids, to wit: “Ke$ha’s ‘Tik Tok’ sold more copies than any Beatles single”. Surely he’s plucking them from Buzzfeed.
- UK rapper Professor Green has his own kind of wisdom, about nipples and boobs and the inherent necessity of the former on the latter. What is it with boobs today?
- Metal gods Trivium are doing a track-by-track on their hit album In Waves. No boobs.
- Frente’s Angie Hart with Dave Faulkner, Judith Durham on Jon Faine. Photo. Interview.
- Electro star Steve Aoki confesses – his favourite band of all time is Gorilla Biscuits. More dubstep fans should take his advice.
- Awesome. The RZA just challenged Jay-Z to a chess game.
- Dick Clark’s Rockin’ NYE show features megastars like Lady Gaga, Justin Bieber, Nicki Minaj and… One Republic.
- Mick and Keef from The Rolling Stones have paid tribute to the late blues legend Hubert Sumlin…