Victoria Beckham will reportedly ‘not be performing with the Spice Girls again.’
The 38-year-old singer-turned-designer shares four children with her professional football player husband David.
The family recently relocated to London from Los Angeles after David signed to French soccer team Paris Saint-Germain.
It is said Victoria just purchased a new retail space in the British capital as her fashion business is rapidly expanding.
UK newspaper Sunday People reports Victoria declared, ‘I won’t sing again, I’m not getting up on stage again,’ while out with her two eldest sons at a Justin Bieber concert earlier this month.
Apparently the rest of the band, which is comprised of Geri Halliwell, Emma Bunton, Melanie Chisholm and Melanie Brown, are well aware of Victoria’s decision and are swiftly looking for a replacement.
‘The girls, particularly Geri, think there is so much more that they can achieve, and they know that their fans still want to see them perform,’ a source told the publication.
‘In an ideal world Victoria would be part of their plan, but she just won’t budge.
‘She sees her future in the fashion industry so they have had to come up with another scenario.’
It is rumoured they are looking to develop a TV talent show in search of Victoria’s successor, with Geri Halliwell spearheading talks.
The new bandmember will reportedly be dubbed ‘Wannabe Spice’.
‘It is a dream of Geri’s to get the girls back together for a good tour, a bit like how Take That have done it. She can see a really successful future for the girls and in her usual determined way has got herself out there and spoken to the right people,’ the insider said.
‘Emma and both the Melanies are busy for the next year but are talking about doing something afterwards.’
Stay updated with your free Noise11 daily music newsletter. Subscribe to Noise11 Music News here