After last year’s fiftieth anniversary tour, the original members of the Beach Boys once again split apart. Mike Love, who owns the group name, continued touring with Bruce Johnston while Brian Wilson, Al Jardine and David Markham talked about touring their own version of the band.
According to Wilson, there was never an offer to continue the tour, which he didn’t understand as he felt that things were going well.
On Monday, the Daily Star published a story with Love refuting those comments. He told the paper’s Kim Carr and James Cabooter, “I don’t know how that sacking controversy started. I’d love to work with Brian again. The anniversary tour was originally 50 dates, and got extended to 73. At that point, Brian said: ‘No more dates for us, please.'”
He went on to say that he would love to get in a room with Wilson and write again as they didn’t do that for the That’s Why God Made the Radio album.
Stay updated with your free Noise11 daily music newsletter. Subscribe to Noise11 Music News here