Brian Wilson Resumes Touring After Health Scare - Noise11.com
Brian Wilson performs Pet Sounds at the Palais in St Kilda on Sunday 3 April 2016. Photo by Ros O'Gorman

Brian Wilson Resumes Touring After Health Scare

by Music-News.com on August 1, 2019

Brian Wilson is ready to rock again after postponing his summer tour to deal with mental health issues.

The Beach Boys star has thanked fans for their support, while announcing on his website that the postponed dates will start up again next month (Aug19).

“Your concern and love just blows me away,” he writes. “I’m feeling much better and I look forward to seeing you when we start up our tour on August 7!”

Wilson has struggled with mental health issues for decades, but a recent series of back surgeries left him “feeling strange”.

Announcing plans to stall his summer dates earlier this year (19), Wilson said, “It’s been pretty scary for awhile. I was not feeling like myself. Mentally insecure is how I’d describe it.

“It crept back and I’ve been struggling with stuff in my head and saying things I don’t mean and I don’t know why. It’s something I’ve never dealt with before and we can’t quite figure it out just yet.”

Brian will hit the road with The Zombies as his opening act for a month from 31 August.

music-news.com

You’ll discover music news first following Noise11 on Twitter

Comment on the news of the day, join Noise11 on Facebook

Comments

comments

Beck Bogert Appice Tim Bogert left
R.I.P. Bass Player Tim Bogert at 76

One-time Vanilla Fudge and Jeff Beck Group bass player Tim Bogert has passed away at the age of 76.

Gaynor Bunning
R.I.P. Australian 60s Pop Star Gaynor Bunning

Gaynor Bunning, one of Australia’s early pop stars of the 60s, has died in Queensland at the age of 82.

Ringo Starr photo by Ros OGorman
Ringo Starr Wants To Do It In Road

Ringo Starr has been spending the Covid-19 lockdown recording music, painting and keeping fit at the Los Angeles home he shares with his wife, former Bond girl Barbara Bach, 73, but he's ready to play some shows with his All Star Band now.

Barry Gibb at Rod Laver Arena photo by Ros O'Gorman
Barry Gibb On Track For No 1 UK Album

Barry Gibb is on track for his very first UK Number 1 as a solo artist with Greenfields: The Gibb Brothers' Songbook (Vol. 1).

Nick Kontonicolas and Marty Stuart
Marty Stuart Pays Tribute To His Late Father-In-Law Johnny Cash with ‘I’ve Been Around’

Country legend Marty Stuart has honored his late father-in-law and, Johnny Cash with a newly released music video for the song ‘I’ve Been Around’.

David-Bowie-A-Reality-Tour-Concert.-Photo-by-Ros-OGorman
David Bowie Dylan and Lennon Covers Officially Released

Two widely bootlegged David Bowie covers, Bob Dylan’s ‘Trying To Get The Heaven’ and John Lennon’s ‘Mother’ have been officially released.

John Fogerty photo by Ros O'Gorman
John Fogerty Debuts New Music For 2021 ‘Weeping In The Promised Land’

Creedence Clearwater Revival legend John Fogerty has a new song ‘Weeping In the Promised Land’. The song is about political protest and Black Lives Matter. In 'Weeping in the Promised Land' John Fogerty is articulating the last four years of America with lyrics like "poisoned with lies" and "Out in the street, on your neck with a knee. All the people are crying your last words 'I can't breathe.'

January 6, 2021