Fishbone get covered on TV, Temper Trap stay at cancerous hotel, Big Boi gets compared to the Beatles, Missy Higgins’ mystery duet and heaps more.
Here’s a look at what’s going on in the musical life of twitter today.
- Sneaky. Fishbone note that The Roots played their song ‘Lyin’ Ass Bitch’ as the walk-on music for Republican candidate Michelle Bachmann appearance on Late Night With Jimmy Fallon.
- Jared Followill of Kings Of Leon is scaring himself with a scene from Mulholland Drive. And now we’re scared too.
- The Temper Trap seem to be caught in a Californian death trap apartment.
- It’s getting too spooky in here, so check out a photo of Kylie and her creatives smiling warmly. That’s better.
- Tom Petty’s team have linked up a charity auction for a limited edition signed gig poster. We’re at $525 to fight World Hunger. That’s even better.
- Our Missy Higgins flies off to rehearse her ARIAs song with “a special someone” and the next tweet on our feed was Patience from The Grates running off to sing. Coincidence? Probably.
- Mountain Goats mainman John Darnielle is tired of bogus cynicism.
- Country star Brad Paisley is so American that “eagles” are getting into the house.
- Portugese speakers should get a kick out of this interview just posted by Andres Kisser of Sepultura, we presume.
- Big Boi of Outkast links a thinkpiece comparing Outkast to The Beatles. Hmmmmm.