Chad from RHCP has some ideas for Rammstein, Duran Duran offer a banned clip, Bon Iver take crappy photos, OFF! cheat the system, and heaps more.
Here’s a look at what has been going on in the musical world of Twitter today.
- Chad from the Red Hot Chili Peppers is getting ideas. A few more flaming erections and Rammstein have the makings of a Rock Opera.
- It’s no saucier than Rihanna, but MTV banning Duran Duran’s supermodel-strewn ‘Girl Panic’ video has certainly helped it get 4.5 million views on YouTube.
- When someone tweets a photo with the phrase “Just wow #Japan” like Shakira just did, you usually don’t expect anything so mild.
- We love that, because of twitter, we all know that Doug the beekeeper is going HAM on a hive in Spit Syndicate’s backyard.
- Mandy Moore, Ryan Adams, vegan death metal and Anthony Bourdain? Who’d a thunk it.
- Daniel Merriweather observes that his album was called Love And War and now Robin Thicke has an album called Love After War, but never fear, there’s no beef in the white man soul camp.
- Currently-touring punk supergroup OFF! made NPR’s Best Albums List and are asking people to help them cheat… since it came out in 2010 (@npr #shhhh).
- Oz hip-hop super producer M-Phazes is unhappy about the state of Australian rap videos. Step up your game, clowns.
- A scratchy photo from Bon Iver’s encore at Eau Claire? Thank you, Instagram.
- Phil Jamieson of Grinspoon wants to include high-visability vests on their merch table. It would make Grinspoon fans easier to spot, we suppose.