Bruce Springsteen fans can look forward to a brand new studio album titled ‘High Hopes’ in January and the album includes a cover of The Saints ‘Just Like Fire Would’.
Springsteen performed the Chris Bailey Saints song when he played in Brisbane earlier this year. Bailey formed The Saints in Brisbane in 1974 and released the original song in 1986 on the ‘All Fool’s Day’ album.
‘High Hopes’ is a solo record but includes members of the E Street Band and Springsteen’s fill-in guitarist Tom Morello (Rage Against The Machine, Audioslave). Springsteen has re-recorded his song ‘The Ghost of Tom Joad’, also once covered by Morello in Rage Against The Machine, for the album.
The album, recorded over a number of years, also features former E Street Band members Clarence Clemons, who passed away in 2011, and Danny Federici, who died in 2008. Springsteen says the album is “some of our best unreleased material from the past decade.”
The video for ‘High Hopes’ features video from the 2013 Australian tour.
High Hopes tracklisting:
1. High Hopes (Tim Scott McConnell) – featuring Tom Morello
2. Harry’s Place * – featuring Tom Morello
3. American Skin (41 Shots) – featuring Tom Morello
4. Just Like Fire Would (Chris J. Bailey) – featuring Tom Morello
5. Down In The Hole *
6. Heaven’s Wall ** – featuring Tom Morello
7. Frankie Fell In Love
8. This Is Your Sword
9. Hunter Of Invisible Game * – featuring Tom Morello
10. The Ghost of Tom Joad – duet with Tom Morello
11. The Wall
12. Dream Baby Dream (Martin Rev and Alan Vega) – featuring Tom Morello
All songs written by Bruce Springsteen except as noted
Album produced by Ron Aniello with Bruce Springsteen
*Produced by Brendan O’Brien
**Produced by Brendan O’Brien, co-produced by Ron Aniello with Bruce Springsteen
Stay updated with your free Noise11 daily music newsletter. Subscribe to Noise11 Music News here