Britain’s Kerrang! magazine held their 20th annual awards on Thursday night at London’s Troxy Club, saluting both veteran artists and newer acts.
Best Single went to The Phoenix by Fall Out Boy and Best Album to Opposites by Biffy Clyro. No one artist dominated with awards going to such current favorites as Of Mice and Men, Black Veil Brides, All Time Low and Bring Me the Horizon.
The veteran artists took home many of the special awards including Pantera going into the Kerrang Hall of Fame, Slayer receiving the Legend Award, Queen honoured for their Service to Rock and Iron Maiden getting the Inspiration Award.
The full winners list:
- Best Single – The Phoenix – Fall Out Boy
- Best Album – Opposites – Biffy Clyro
- Best Male – Ben Bruce of Asking Alexandria
- Best Female – Lzzy Hale of Halestorm
- Best Live Band – Black Veil Brides
- Best British Band – Bring Me the Horizon
- Best British Newcomer – Lower Than Atlantis
- Best International Newcomer – Of Mice & Men
- Relentless Award – Young Guns
- Best Video – King For A Day – Pierce the Vail (feat. Kellin Quinn)
- Best Event – The Final Night Of Sin – You Me at Six
- Best Festival – Download
- Tweeter Of The Year – Gerard Way of My Chemical Romance
- Hall Of Fame – Pantera
- Kerrang! Inspiration Award – Iron Maiden
- Kerrang! Icon Award – Venom
- Kerrang! Legend Award – Slayer
- Service To Rock – Queen