Morrissey Responds Out of Context Kevin Spacey and Trump Comments - Noise11.com
Morrissey Vauxhall and I

Morrissey Vauxhall and I

Morrissey Responds Out of Context Kevin Spacey and Trump Comments

by Paul Cashmere on December 12, 2017

Morrissey has slammed back at German newspaper Der Spielgel for what he claims were his comments taken completely out of context.

In the article Morrissey is reported to have come to the defence shamed sexual abusers Kevin Spacey and also said he wanted to kill vermin Trump.

Morrissey has denied the quotes and is demanding the full, unedited version of the interview be released.

His new statement says, “A few weeks ago I foolishly allowed Germany’s Der Spiegel into my life. Since they eagerly flew from beloved Berlin to beloved Los Angeles in order to talk and laugh, I assumed a common understanding.”

As to what was published he says, “Would I kill Donald Trump? No, never. Would I support Kevin Spacey’s private proclivities? No, never. Would I ever support abuse of children? No, never. Would I support sexual harassment? No, never. Would I support rape? No, never. Would Der Spiegel convey my views fairly? No, never. Would I ever again speak to print media? No, never.”

Morrissey wants his fans to hear the “unchopped, un-fiddled-with audio” of the interview. Der Spiegel have refused with Morrissey coming to the conclusion “Let that alone be your answer”.

Comments

comments

Motley Crue, Vince Neil - Photo By Ros O'Gorman Noise11 photo
Motley Crue Reissues Continue With Theatre of Pain

With Motley Crue in 40th anniversary mode the first of the reissues will continue to roll out this Friday (25 June 2021).

Richard Clapton at Bakehouse photo by Ros O'Gorman
Richard Clapton Music Is Love Tour Postponed

Richard Clapton’s Music Is Love tour is another Covid restriction casualty.

Neil Young and Crazy Horse Greendale tour Melbourne photo by Ros O'Gorman
Neil Young Is Recording A New Crazy Horse Album

Neil Young has recruited Crazy Horse back to the studio for another studio album, their first since 2019’s ‘Colorado’.

Joan Armatrading photo by Ros O'Gorman
Joan Armatrading Agrees Her ‘Call Me Names’ Hit May Be Considered Inappropriate Today

Joan Armatrading agrees that her 1993 hit ‘I Love It When You Call Me Names’ could be considered by some a song about abuse these days.

Gary Numan photo by Ros O'Gorman
Gary Numan Say A Lot of His Music Was “Pretty Shit”

Gary Numan is the first to tell you he was churning out rubbish in the early 90s. “Pretty shit”, actually, in his own words.

Brian May of Queen performs at Rod Laver Arena on Friday 2 March 2018. Photo by Ros O'Gorman
Miley Cyrus and Elton John Appear On New Metallica Tribute Album

Miley Cyrus and Elton John are among the stars who paid tribute to Metallica by covering their favourite Black Album songs for a new box set.

David Bowie painting
$4 David Bowie Painting Expected To Sell for $80,000+

A painting by David Bowie, bought at a donation centre in Toronto, is expected to sell at auction for over $80000.