360 Tells People To Chill After Q&A Appearance
360 at the Independent Music Awards - Photo By Ros O'Gorman

360 at the Independent Music Awards - Photo By Ros O'Gorman

360 Tells People To Chill After Q&A Appearance

by Paul Cashmere on October 21, 2014

360 has spoken up after becoming the topic of talk shows following his appearance on Q&A on Monday night.

The outspoken Australian rapper told an audience on national television that he believed the Australian flag now stands for racism.

“The Australian flag to me has become … I identify it with racism,” he said on Q&A.

His appearance became the a hot topic for right wing Australia shockjocks like 3AW’s Neil Mitchell who said the rapper should be given a one-way ticket out of Australia.

In response he has issued the following statement on his Facebook page. “I can see I’ve ever offended some of you with my statements about Australia and the Australian flag.. Chill Winton. If ur not a racist I was not referring to you. People keep saying I disrespected people who fought for the flag – No one fought for the actual flag, they fought to keep our country free and democracy and not for the racist bigoted place it’s become. I think those who fought under the flag for this country would be ashamed of the racism under the guise of patriotism in Australia.. and again, if ur not racist – I wasn’t talking about you – why so offended? I would never disrespect the diggers. I appreciate all they did for our country but I feel the flag ha been re appropriated and doesn’t represent the same values as it used to”.

Comments

comments

Seasick Steve at Point Nepean 2008
Well Well Well Seasick Steve Has New Music

Seasick Steve will release his new album ‘Blues In Mono’ in December.

Chris Martin, Coldplay. Photo by Ros O'Gorman
Coldplay Rule Out Glastonbury

Coldplay have ruled themselves out of returning to Glastonbury in 2022.

Olivia Rodrigo Sour Patch
Australian Album Chart: Olivia Rodrigo Returns To No 1

The debut album for Olivia Rodrigo called "SOUR" returns twelve weeks after it last topped the ARIA Albums Chart, now logging an eighth overall stay at the top in Australia.

Coldplay perform at Etihad Stadium in Melbourne on Friday 9 December 2016. Photo by Ros O'Gorman
Coldplay Have Five Unreleased James Bond Themes

Coldplay spent 20 years trying to write a decent Bond theme.

Adele performs at on March 18, 2017 in Melbourne, Australia. Photo credit: Graham Denholm / Getty Images
Adele Debuts New Song ‘Easy On Me’

Adele has debuted her new song ‘Easy On Me’ with a new video to go along with it.

Missy Higgins AWITG on Sunday 19 November 2017. Photo by Ros O'Gorman
Missy Higgins Debuts New Music ‘Edge of Something’

Missy Higgins has delivered a new song ‘Edge of Something’.

Adele Announced Album ’30’

Adele has officially announced her new album '30'. Adele has confirmed her fourth record - the highly anticipated follow-up to 2015's '25' - will be released on November 19, and she described the LP as her "ride or die throughout the most turbulent period" of her life.