Former Screaming Trees’ frontman Mark Lanegan has delivered the version of the Pink Floyd ‘The Wall’ classic ‘Nobody Home’ for the new ‘The Wall (Redux) from Possum Records.
Roger Waters wrote ‘Nobody’s Home’ late in the development of The Wall. According to David Gilmour, Roger Waters would get “sulky” when anyone didn’t like a song he was presenting. “I remember “Nobody Home” came along when we were well into the thing and he’d gone off in a sulk the night before and came in the next day with something fantastic”.
Waters has often said that The Wall was never a collaboration. “They would like to believe that the making of The Wall was a group collaboration. Well, okay, they collaborated on it, but we were not collaborators. This was not a co-operative; it was in no sense a democratic process. If somebody had a good idea I would accept it and maybe use it”.
‘The Wall (Redux)’ is a complete reimagining of the original Pink Floyd album. The new recreation of The Wall is being made available in Australia via Philip Israel’s Possum Records in association with New York’s Magnetic Eye Records.
The album opens with The Melvins merging Blondie’s ‘In The Flesh’ with Pink Floyd’s completely different opening track from The Wall with the same title.
1. In the Flesh? – The Melvins
2. The Thin Ice – Low Flying Hawks
3. Another Brick in the Wall, Part 1 – Ghastly Sound
4. Happiest Days of Our Lives – Sergeant Thunderhoof
5. Another Brick in the Wall, Pt. 2 – Sasquatch
6. Mother – ASG
1. Goodbye Blue Sky – Mos Generator
2. Empty Spaces – Domkraft
3. Young Lust – The Slim Kings
4. One of My Turns – Worshipper
5. Don’t Leave Me Now – Spaceslug
6. When the Tigers Broke Free – Year of the Cobra
7. Another Brick in the Wall, Part 3 / Goodbye Cruel World – Greenleaf
1. Hey You – Summoner
2. Is There Anybody Out There? – Scott Reeder
3. Nobody Home – Mark Lanegan
4. Vera – Ruby the Hatchet
5. Bring the Boys Back Home – Sunflo’er
6. Comfortably Numb – Mars Red Sky
1. The Show Must Go On – Open Hand
2. In the Flesh – Solace
3. Run Like Hell – Pallbearer
4. Waiting for the Worms – WhiteNails
5. Stop – Blue Heron
6. The Trial – Church of The Cosmic Skull
7. Outside the Wall – Yawning Man