Brian Wilson Postpones Upcoming Shows For Back Surgery - Noise11.com
Brian Wilson performs Pet Sounds at the Palais in St Kilda on Sunday 3 April 2016. Photo by Ros O'Gorman

Brian Wilson Postpones Upcoming Shows For Back Surgery

by Roger Wink, VVN Music on May 2, 2018

Brian Wilson has announced that, because of ongoing back pain, his doctor has advised him to have immediate surgery which he hopes to relieve the problem.

Brian, for now, is postponing all May shows with his people working with the venues to schedule new dates.

Here is Wilson’s statement:

Dear friends,

As some of you might know I have been having some issues with my back that has very recently gotten worse. It runs in my family, Carl had back problems as well. My doctors have told me that I need to have back surgery immediately.They are optimistic that this will finally relieve the pain.

Sadly, this means we must postpone the upcoming May shows. I’m very sorry for any inconvenience this may cause to everyone who was coming out to see us.

I know that my agents are already in the process of rescheduling and we will have some of the make up dates to announce very soon. We will get you all the info ASAP.

Please know that the music is in my heart and in my soul and me and the boys are looking forward to performing for you very soon.

Love & Mercy,

Brian

Postponed dates include includes a three night run with the Nashville Symphony along with a series of shows in Florida. His next scheduled performance is July 15 in Victoria, BC, which will give Brian two months to heal.

Yesterday, it was Bonnie Raitt who pulled out of a number of shows with James Taylor for needed surgery.

vvnmusic.com

For news as it happens follow Noise11 on Facebook

Comments

comments

Beck Bogert Appice Tim Bogert left
R.I.P. Bass Player Tim Bogert at 76

One-time Vanilla Fudge and Jeff Beck Group bass player Tim Bogert has passed away at the age of 76.

Gaynor Bunning
R.I.P. Australian 60s Pop Star Gaynor Bunning

Gaynor Bunning, one of Australia’s early pop stars of the 60s, has died in Queensland at the age of 82.

Ringo Starr photo by Ros OGorman
Ringo Starr Wants To Do It In Road

Ringo Starr has been spending the Covid-19 lockdown recording music, painting and keeping fit at the Los Angeles home he shares with his wife, former Bond girl Barbara Bach, 73, but he's ready to play some shows with his All Star Band now.

Barry Gibb at Rod Laver Arena photo by Ros O'Gorman
Barry Gibb On Track For No 1 UK Album

Barry Gibb is on track for his very first UK Number 1 as a solo artist with Greenfields: The Gibb Brothers' Songbook (Vol. 1).

Nick Kontonicolas and Marty Stuart
Marty Stuart Pays Tribute To His Late Father-In-Law Johnny Cash with ‘I’ve Been Around’

Country legend Marty Stuart has honored his late father-in-law and, Johnny Cash with a newly released music video for the song ‘I’ve Been Around’.

David-Bowie-A-Reality-Tour-Concert.-Photo-by-Ros-OGorman
David Bowie Dylan and Lennon Covers Officially Released

Two widely bootlegged David Bowie covers, Bob Dylan’s ‘Trying To Get The Heaven’ and John Lennon’s ‘Mother’ have been officially released.

John Fogerty photo by Ros O'Gorman
John Fogerty Debuts New Music For 2021 ‘Weeping In The Promised Land’

Creedence Clearwater Revival legend John Fogerty has a new song ‘Weeping In the Promised Land’. The song is about political protest and Black Lives Matter. In 'Weeping in the Promised Land' John Fogerty is articulating the last four years of America with lyrics like "poisoned with lies" and "Out in the street, on your neck with a knee. All the people are crying your last words 'I can't breathe.'

January 6, 2021