Nielsen Entertainment has awarded Foo Fighters for 10 million album sales in the USA.
Nielsen SoundScan tracks sales in America and lists the bands 1997 album ‘Colour & The Shape’ album as its biggest seller, moving more than 2.3 million copies.
In addition, Nielsen BDS captures radio spins and awarded the band for being played more than 4 million times on American radio.
Foo Fighters collected the award backstage at their sold out Madison Square Garden show in New York last month. (see picture).
This week, they are in Australia for a show tonight at the new AAMI Park in Melbourne.
Foo Fighters Top 9 in the US are:
1. Colour & The Shape (1997) 2,342,000
2. Foo Fighters (1995) 1,468,000
3. In Your Honor (2005) 1,442,000
4. One By One (2002) 1,333,000
5. There Is Nothing Left To Lose (1999) 1,311,000
6. Echoes Silence Patience & Grace (2007) 916,000
7. Wasting Light (2011) 619,000
8. Greatest Hits (2009) 514,000
9. Skin and Bones (2006) 371,000
Remaining dates on the Australian tour are:
December 2 and 3, Melbourne, AAMI Park
December 5, Adelaide, Adelaide Oval
December 8, Sydney, Football Stadium
December 10, Gold Coast, Metricon Satdium
December 13, Auckland New Zealand, Western Springs Stadium