Midnight Oil are clearing out the cupboards. The band will list nearly 40 pieces of music gear for sale at reverb.com from next Friday 16 November, 2018.
“After last year’s Great Circle Tour, our gear storage locker is completely full. We want to pass these instruments on to musicians who will appreciate and use them,” said guitarist/keyboardist Jim Moginie. “Some of the items we’re selling have been used more than others, but everything has been broken in by the band in one way or another.”
The Official Midnight Oil Reverb Shop will feature musical instruments and gear collected and used by the band over the past 40 years, including:
• A 1962 Fiesta Red Fender Jazzmaster electric guitar bought by Midnight Oil for The Great Circle World Tour in 2017.
• A 2004 Hiwatt DR103 amp head and matching 4×12 cabinet used during the 2005 WaveAid benefit shows and the 2009 Sound Relief benefit concert.
• A pair of Vox AC30-HWH amp heads used during The Great Circle World Tour shows and rehearsals.
• An early 1960s Guild Starfire electric guitar and a 1964 Gibson SG Junior electric guitar used live and in studio by guitarist Martin Rotsey.
• A Roland RD500 stage keyboard that Moginie used on tour for many years. “It sounds great—I’m sorry to see it go!” he said.
• Several Vox AC30 amps, which are a staple in Midnight Oil recordings and live shows.
• A Line 6 POD Pro Modeler that can be heard all over Capricornia, the band’s last studio album to date.
• Several additional cabs that the band used across “all the eras of the band,” according to Moginie.
Reverb.com launched in 2013 as the online marketplace to buy and sell music gear. In that time total sales have passed the $1 billion mark.
To preview the gear that will be for sale in The Official Midnight Oil Reverb Shop beginning on Friday, November 16, visit https://goo.gl/wopkg9.