Ace Frehley wants to go on the final Kiss tour - Noise11.com
Ace Frehley at Rod Laver Arena on Friday 20 October 2017. Photo by Ros O'Gorman

Ace Frehley at Rod Laver Arena on Friday 20 October 2017. Photo by Ros O'Gorman

Ace Frehley wants to go on the final Kiss tour

by Paul Cashmere on November 12, 2018

Ace Frehley says he wants in on the Kiss farewell tour and that the band “can’t do a final tour without me”.

Frehley was talking to Loudwire. He admits he was once a screw-up but he is now the Ace they always wanted. “I told Paul and Gene, ‘I’m the guy now that you’ve always wanted me to be.’ I was a screwup and I was always late and didn’t show up on time and missed recording sessions. I was telling them this year, ‘I’m now the guy you always wanted me to be.’ Hopefully it sinks in, you know?”

Ace’s feedback is that some fans won’t go if he isn’t there. “A lot of fans are saying if I’m not involved in the next tour, they’re not going. That’s probably making Paul and Gene a little nervous … I can’t imagine them doing an ‘End of the Road’ tour with the same lineup. They’ve been playing for 15 years, there’s nothing special about doing one last big tour with the same lineup.”

Watch the full Loudwire interview here:

For news as it happens follow Noise11 on Facebook

Comments

comments

Bruce Springsteen Letter To You
Bruce Springsteen Releases Second New Song ‘Ghosts’

Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band have a second song from the upcoming ‘Letters to Home’ for you to hear.

Max Merritt Dies at Age 79

New Zealand’s Max Merritt of Australia’s Max Merritt and the Meteors fame, has died in Los Angeles at the age of 79.

Joey Molland Be True To Yourself
Badfinger’s Joey Molland Premiere’s ‘Rainy Day Man’

Joey Molland, the last surviving member of Badfinger, will release his first album in seven years ‘Be True To Yourself’. Our first taste of the album is the extremely Beatlesque ‘Rainy Day Man’.

Niagara Detroit photo by Ros O'Gorman
Niagara Detroit Spends 7 Months Recovering From Coronavirus

Artist/punk rocker Niagara Detroit has revealed she has spent the last seven months as a “long-haul” victim of Coronavirus.

The Four Seasons
Tommy DeVito of The Four Seasons Dies From Coronavirus At Age 92

Tommy DeVito, a founding member of The Four Seasons, has died from Coronavirus. He was 92.

Neil Young Archives 2
Neil Young Reveals Details Of Neil Young Archives II Box

When Elliott Roberts told me at SXSW years ago that Neil Young’s Archives would catch up with real-time “not in our lifetime” he wasn’t kidding. It definitely didn’t happen in his lifetime, or the lifetime of Larry Johnson who started the project with Neil and Elliott.

Nick Mason
Pink Floyd’s Nick Mason Might Have A No 1 Album In UK This Week

Ava Max and Pink Floyd’s Nick Mason lead an eclectic and extremely close Official Albums Chart Update, with just 1,700 chart sales currently separating the Top 5.