Billie Joe Armstrong Studied Acting For Nine Months - Noise11.com
Billie Joe Armstrong, Green Day, Soundwave, Ros O'Gorman, Photo

Billie Joe Armstrong Studied Acting For Nine Months

by Music-News.com on October 12, 2016

Green Day star Billie Joe Armstrong spent nine months studying acting with writer/director Lee Kirk for his first movie lead.

Billie Joe Armstrong plays a washed-up punk rocker in Kirk’s new film Ordinary World and the moviemaker wanted to make sure his leading man had the skill set to carry the project.

The director admits he didn’t have Armstrong in mind when he wrote the movie, but he’s glad he and the singer crossed paths.

“I didn’t really have an actor in mind when I was writing it,” he tells WENN. “I assumed I was going to have an actor who played music rather than a musician who acts. But it worked out in a wonderful way.

“I thought that was a brilliant idea, seeing him in that kind of a role. He was eager to do something. He told me his agent was sending him a lot of material to look over and this was the first thing that caught his interest.

“For the acting part I worked with him for nine months, and I just wanted him fully prepared to just be in the moment and get an honest performance with whoever he was in the scene with.”

Billie Joe Armstrong also impressed his co-star Judy Greer, who heaped praise on the rocker.

“I wanted to work with Billie Joe Armstrong, he’s amazing,” she recently told Press Association. “I have been a Green Day fan since forever. I thought he was brilliant and it was so fun to watch him and work with him.

“He’s a total peach. He is such a normal guy. He loves his sons and his wife and all his dogs and just loves to play music. I thought it was such a good role for him.”

music-news.com

Comments

comments

Missy Elliott, music news, noise11.com
Missy Elliott To Release Her First Album of New Music in 14 years

Rapper Missy Elliott is set to unveil a collection of new songs on Thursday night, following a 14 year hiatus from music - and four days before she's honoured at the MTV Video Music Awards.

Michael Jackson, Noise11, Photo, music news
Michael Jackson’s manager defends singer as he dedicates charity in his name

Michael Jackson‘s former manager, Raymone Bain, defended the late singer while announcing the establishment of the MJ Legacy Foundation on Thursday.

Eminem 2018 by Craig Mcdean
Eminem’s Publisher Sues Spotify

Eminem's music publishers are suing Spotify in a copyright lawsuit potentially worth billions of dollars in alleged damages.

Whitfield Crane
Whitfield Crane Talks Travelling, Touring and Creating

Whitfield Crane's scene is a creative minefield of radness. The Ugly Kid Joe frontman's scene is still as incessant as it was when he answered this question two years ago: “My scene is a lot of movement, a lot of travelling, a backpack, a credit card, a passport, an accountant, no responsibilities, no debt, fun, hedonism, music, surf, sand, snowboard and adventure.” Presently, tennis and orchestras are at the forefront of his scene. In particular, Australian tennis legend Pat Cash, and Crane's very own Orchestra of Doom.

Noel Gallagher of Oasis, Noise11, Photo
What’s The Story Morning Glory with Liam and Noel’s Oasis Songs at Solo Shows?

With both sort of Gallaghers, Liam and Noel, touring Australia in November and December, Oasis fans are pretty much guaranteed an Oasis setlist between the two shows.

Solange
Solange to play four Sydney Opera House dates

Solange is taking on a four-night residency at Australia's iconic Sydney Opera House in January.

Robbie Williams Heavy Entertainment Tour at Rod Laver Arena on Saturday 24 February 2018. Photo by Ros O'Gorman
Robbie Williams teases new music

Robbie Williams took to social media to share a black and white photo of himself back in the studio, leading fans to speculate he might be working on a Christmas album.