Bruce Springsteen was born on 23 September 1949. Today he is 70 years old.
Bruce released his first alum ‘Greetings from Asbury Park, NJ’ in 1972 but his earliest recordings became available on 2016 release ‘Chapter and Verse’ featuring Springsteen with The Castiles in 1966 and 1967.
Springsteen has had 19 studio albums, with and without the E Street Band. The most recent is this year’s ‘Western Stars’.
That album is now a movie.
Here are 10 fun facts about Bruce:
– The first song he learned to play on guitar was The Beatles ‘Twist and Shout’.
– Bruce wrote ‘Hungry Heart’ for The Ramones but decided to keep it himself.
– The E Street Band were named after the very real E Street in Belmar, New Jersey where the band used to rehearse.
– President Obama once said “I may be President, but he is The Boss.
– Springsteen was 24-years old when he released ‘Born To Run’.
– Springsteen’s ancestors were Dutch. They arrived in America in the 1600s.
– After Bruce broke up the E Street Band his next project was the two albums released on the same day ‘Human Touch’ and ‘Lucky Town’.
– After Bruce first made money he bought a 1950 Corvette. The car is now on display at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
– Bruce was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame by Bono in 1999. U2 were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame by Bruce in 2005.
– Springsteen wrote ‘Fire’ for Elvis Presley but Elvis died before he could record it. The Pointer Sisters took the song and made it a hit in 1979. Australia’s Brian Cadd wrote the B-Side ‘Love Is Like A Rolling Stone’.