DJ Shadow Teams With De La Soul - Noise11.com
DJ Shadow

DJ Shadow

DJ Shadow Teams With De La Soul

by Paul Cashmere on July 26, 2019

DJ Shadow’s first track in two years in ‘Rocket Fuel’ with De La Soul.

In a statement DJ Shadow said, “It’s been awhile since my last album The Mountain Will Fall, and the corresponding tour…and since the tour ended, I’ve been mostly silent. This is because I’ve been focused and working on a ton of music. I usually try to avoid hyperbole, and I’m not super-comfortable hyping up my own stuff, but things are about to get VERY exciting around here. For “Rocket Fuel,” my heroes De La Soul join me in a collaborative blast of pure hip-hop adrenalin.”

‘Rocket Fuel’ will feature on a yet to be named DJ Shadow album coming later this year. His last album was ‘The Mountain Will Fall’ in 2016.

You’ll discover music news first following Noise11 on Twitter

Comment on the news of the day, join Noise11 on Facebook

Comments

comments

The Cure vocalist and guitarist Robert Smith performs at Rod Laver Arena in Melbourne on 12 August 2007.
Robert Smith Is Selling Original Artwork for Heart Research

Robert Smith, of alternative rock band The Cure, is selling off prints of his original artwork to raise money for Heart Research UK.

Janet Jackson photo by Ros OGorman
There Is A Janet Jackson Doco In the Works

Janet Jackson is the latest pop superstar to get the documentary treatment.

John Hiatt at SXSW - photo by Ros O'Gorman
John Hiatt To Release Album With Jerry Douglas Band

John Hiatt has downed tools on a new album with the Jerry Douglas Band at the historic RCA Studio B in Nashville. The album is titled ‘Leftover Feelings’.

Michael Gudinski photo by Ros OGorman
Bruce Springsteen Dedicates ‘I’ll See You In My Dreams’ To Michael Gudinski

Bruce Springsteen has dedicated his song ‘I’ll See You In My Dreams’ to Mushroom Group boss Michael Gudinski, who passed away on Tuesday 2 March 2021 at age 68.

shaggy
Shaggy Speaks of Bunny Wailer Legacy

Shaggy has declared the passing of the legendary singer - who passed away in hospital on Tuesday (02.03.21), aged 73, after suffering a stroke in 2020 - as "one of the lowest moments in the history of our culture".

Blondie Against All Odds
Blondie The Comic Book Is On The Way

Blondie’s first comic book ‘Blondie: Against The Odds’ is coming soon.

Sting photo by Ros OGorman
Sting Releases Interactive Website for New Album

Sting will release his star-studded LP, which features his iconic collaborations with the likes of Mary J. Blige, Herbie Hancock, Eric Clapton, Annie Lennox, and Shaggy, on March 19.