Duran Duran Cancel New Jersey Show - Noise11.com
Duran Duran - Photo By Mary Boukouvalas

Duran Duran - Photo By Mary Boukouvalas

Duran Duran Cancel New Jersey Show

by Paul Cashmere on August 26, 2012

in Live,News

Duran Duran have had to cancel their Atlantic City show because keyboard player Nick Rhodes is ill.

Duran Duran - Photo By Mary Boukouvalas

Duran Duran - Photo By Mary Boukouvalas

Duran Duran were scheduled to play Saturday night (August 25) at the Revel Resort in Atlantic City. Rhodes had been ill for a number of days and under doctor’s orders has been told to pull out of the gig.

The Duran Duran keyboard player has been suffering from exhaustion.

In a statement Nick said, “I have struggled through the last few nights, hoping that I could simply work through this, but today I felt so unwell I had to see a doctor. We absolutely hate to disappoint our incredibly loyal fans and cancel a show at the last minute, but unfortunately the doctor has strongly recommended that this is what we do on this occasion – so it is with enormous regret that we are unable to perform in Atlantic City tonight.”

Duran Duran are hoping to reschedule the show in the next few days and ask fans to hang on to their tickets until an announcement is made.

Comments

comments

Related Posts

Duran Duran, SXSW. Photo by Ros O'Gorman.
Nile Rodgers Explains How Duran Duran Notorious Was Made 30 Years Ago

Duran Duran’s ‘Notorious’ recently clocked up its 30th anniversary.

November 22, 2016
Duran Duran - Photo By Mary Boukouvalas
Duran Duran To Receive ASCAP Golden Note Award

The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers, also known as ASCAP, have selected Duran Duran as this year's recipient of their Golden Note Award.

October 27, 2016
Nick Rhodes, Duran Duran V Festival Melbourne Photo by Ros O'Gorman
Nick Rhodes Temporarily Leaves Duran Duran MNDR Is In

Duran Duran founder Nick Rhodes has left the band temporarily “to attend an urgent family matter”.

July 8, 2016
Duran Duran, SXSW. Photo by Ros O'Gorman.
Duran Duran Interview From Noise11.com Archives

2003, Melbourne, Australia and Duran Duran are about to tour the country in their original line-up for the first time in 20 years. Getting the original line-up back together seemed near impossible after 1996 when founding member John Taylor walked out of the band he started two decades earlier.

April 24, 2016
Duran Duran, SXSW. Photo by Ros O'Gorman.
Simon Le Bon Says A Music Revolution Is Overdue

Duran Duran's Simon Le Bon says we are overdue for a musical revolution.

April 2, 2016
Duran Duran - Photo By Mary Boukouvalas
Miami Tries To Stop Duran Duran Concert Happening

The government of Miami-Dade County are trying to stop a Duran Duran concert.

February 8, 2016
Boy George, Photo Ros O'Gorman
Simon Le Bon Praises Boy George Job On The Voice

Duran Duran frontman Simon Le Bon thinks Boy George is a great signing for The Voice UK.

January 5, 2016