Andrew Farriss Will Have An INXS Surprise At His Shows - Noise11.com
Andrew Farriss of INXS photo by Ros O'Gorman

Andrew Farriss of INXS photo by Ros O'Gorman

Andrew Farriss Will Have An INXS Surprise At His Shows

by Paul Cashmere on March 12, 2021

Andrew Farriss is planning on reinventing one of his INXS classics on his upcoming Australian tour.

Andrew has chosen one of INXS’ biggest hits and will turn the classic funk rock number one into a blues/country song. Andrew tells Noise11.com that “It’s a song that was a huge hit for INXS that I co-wrote. I am going to do what Bonnie Raitt did with it and just mess around with it a bit. I like the way she took it into a Bluesy feel. That’s something I am more and more interested in, the Blues style. I love Blues music and I think Country music, Blues and Rock are all interrelated. Especially Blues and Rock, they are related to Country Music. In a funny way they are like cousins and they aren’t too distant either”.

Bonnie Raitt covered the INXS classic on her 2016 album ‘Dig In Deep’. “The song is ‘Need You Tonight’ but I don’t want to do it the same way INXS did it,” Andrew says. “I hear it slightly differently now in how I would approach the song. I have a different take on what I’m thinking of doing it like now. Bonnie Raitt came and talked to me. I saw her in Nashville. She mentioned I was in the audience and I had no idea she was going to do that. I went backstage afterwards and she asked me to write a song for her. I’ve got a few ideas for that but that’s another boxes I have to tick off”.

Andrew Farriss will start his first ever solo Australian tour in Queanbeyan on April 9.

Andrew Farriss tour dates

28 May, Adelaide, The Gov 7:30pm

Follow Noise11 on Social Media

NEW: Noise11 on YouTube SUBSCRIBE

Noise11 on Instagram

You’ll discover music news first following Noise11 on Twitter

Comment on the news of the day, join Noise11 on Facebook

Del Amitri photo from Live Nation Copyright ©Kevin Westenberg. ALL Rights Reserved
Justin Currie Says He Is Enjoying Del Amitri As A Classic Rock Band

Justin Currie says he was surprised when Del Amitri reformed in 2014 and it was a lot easier than he thought.

Baz Warne of The Stranglers Say The Band Will End When Jean-Jacques Burnel Leaves

The Stranglers will be no more when J.J. Burnel, the last founding member still with band, decides to leave.

Peter O'Doherty of Dog Trumpet photo by Ros O'Gorman
A New Dog Trumpet Video Has Arrived ‘No More Travelling’

In the new Dog Trumpet ‘No More Travelling’ Peter O’Doherty does all the travelling for us.

Ross Knight Little Roo
Ross Knight Of Cosmic Psychos Is A Children’s Book Author

Ross Knight of 80s Australian punk rock band Cosmic Psychos has a new job. He is a children’s book author.

Red Hot Chilli Peppers Big Day Out Showgrounds Melbourne Australia Jan 26th 2013 photo by Ros O'Gorman
Red Hot Chili Peppers Play A Totally Different Show To Brisbane In Sydney

The one thing Red Hot Chili Peppers fans can expect on the current Australian tour is the unexpected. The first show in Sydney (2 Feb) was a completely different show to Brisbane (29 Jan) which was a completely different show to Dunedin and Auckland on 26 Jan and 21 Jan.

Bruce Springsteen photo by Ros O'Gorman
Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band Play First Show Since New Zealand 2017

Bruce Springsteen & The Street Band kicked off their first world tour since 2017 this week in Tampa, Florida.

Gary Numan photo by Ros O'Gorman
Gary Numan To Play Three Nights In London

Gary Numan will perform three shows at the London Electric Ballroom in April.