Andrew Farriss Will Have An INXS Surprise At His Shows - Noise11.com
Andrew Farriss of INXS photo by Ros O'Gorman

Andrew Farriss of INXS photo by Ros O'Gorman

Andrew Farriss Will Have An INXS Surprise At His Shows

by Paul Cashmere on March 12, 2021

Andrew Farriss is planning on reinventing one of his INXS classics on his upcoming Australian tour.

Andrew has chosen one of INXS’ biggest hits and will turn the classic funk rock number one into a blues/country song. Andrew tells Noise11.com that “It’s a song that was a huge hit for INXS that I co-wrote. I am going to do what Bonnie Raitt did with it and just mess around with it a bit. I like the way she took it into a Bluesy feel. That’s something I am more and more interested in, the Blues style. I love Blues music and I think Country music, Blues and Rock are all interrelated. Especially Blues and Rock, they are related to Country Music. In a funny way they are like cousins and they aren’t too distant either”.

Bonnie Raitt covered the INXS classic on her 2016 album ‘Dig In Deep’. “The song is ‘Need You Tonight’ but I don’t want to do it the same way INXS did it,” Andrew says. “I hear it slightly differently now in how I would approach the song. I have a different take on what I’m thinking of doing it like now. Bonnie Raitt came and talked to me. I saw her in Nashville. She mentioned I was in the audience and I had no idea she was going to do that. I went backstage afterwards and she asked me to write a song for her. I’ve got a few ideas for that but that’s another boxes I have to tick off”.

Andrew Farriss will start his first ever solo Australian tour in Queanbeyan on April 9.

Andrew Farriss tour dates

You’ll discover music news first following Noise11 on Twitter

Comment on the news of the day, join Noise11 on Facebook

Comments

comments

David Byrne American Utopia tour 2018
David Byrne’s American Utopia Will Reopen On Broadway In September

With America opening up David Byrne’s ‘American Utopia’ will return to Broadway in September.

David Bowie 2004 Rod Laver Arena. Photo by Ros O'Gorman
UK To Host Inaugural David Bowie Convention

The first ever David Bowie World Fan Convention will take place across multiple venues in Liverpool, England next summer.

Nikki Sixx, Motley Crue, Ros O'Gorman, Noise11, Photo
Nikki Sixx Has Written A Prequel To His Motley Crue Life

Nikki Sixx has written his prequel. The Motley Crue bass player will publish his new book ‘The First 21’ in October. It is the story of how San Jose kid Frank Feranna evolved into Nikki Sixx.

Icehouse perform at A Day In The Gardens in the Royal Botanical Gardens Melbourne on Sunday 12 March 2017.
Iva Davies Has An Unreleased Icehouse Album But We May Never Hear It

There hasn’t been an album of new Icehouse songs since 1993’s ‘Big Wheel’ and there may never be another one in our lifetime. There certainly won’t be one in Iva Davies’ lifetime although there is one recorded.

Carole King, The Plenary, Melbourne, Photo Ros O'Gorman, Noise11
Carole King and Jennifer Hudson Write Song For Aretha Franklin Biopic

Carole King has brought her career full circle by teaming up with Jennifer Hudson to write a new song for the upcoming Aretha Franklin biopic, Respect.

Tony Hadley of Spandau Ballet perform at Rod Laver Arena on Tuesday 19 May 2015, photo Ros O'Gorman
Tony Hadley Says Its A Shame Spandau Ballet Won’t Celebrate A 40th Anniversary

Tony Hadley would be celebrating his 40th anniversary in music with Spandau Ballet if they were still a band.

Joan Armatrading
Joan Armatrading Releases ‘Consequences’ As A Consequence of the Pandemic

Joan Armatrading’s new album ‘Consequences’ has been a work in progress right across the pandemic. Joan tells Noise11.com that have lives have all changed due to ‘consequences’ from the pandemic.