Andrew Farriss Will Have An INXS Surprise At His Shows - Noise11.com
Andrew Farriss of INXS photo by Ros O'Gorman

Andrew Farriss of INXS photo by Ros O'Gorman

Andrew Farriss Will Have An INXS Surprise At His Shows

by Paul Cashmere on March 12, 2021

Andrew Farriss is planning on reinventing one of his INXS classics on his upcoming Australian tour.

Andrew has chosen one of INXS’ biggest hits and will turn the classic funk rock number one into a blues/country song. Andrew tells Noise11.com that “It’s a song that was a huge hit for INXS that I co-wrote. I am going to do what Bonnie Raitt did with it and just mess around with it a bit. I like the way she took it into a Bluesy feel. That’s something I am more and more interested in, the Blues style. I love Blues music and I think Country music, Blues and Rock are all interrelated. Especially Blues and Rock, they are related to Country Music. In a funny way they are like cousins and they aren’t too distant either”.

Bonnie Raitt covered the INXS classic on her 2016 album ‘Dig In Deep’. “The song is ‘Need You Tonight’ but I don’t want to do it the same way INXS did it,” Andrew says. “I hear it slightly differently now in how I would approach the song. I have a different take on what I’m thinking of doing it like now. Bonnie Raitt came and talked to me. I saw her in Nashville. She mentioned I was in the audience and I had no idea she was going to do that. I went backstage afterwards and she asked me to write a song for her. I’ve got a few ideas for that but that’s another boxes I have to tick off”.

Andrew Farriss will start his first ever solo Australian tour in Queanbeyan on April 9.

Andrew Farriss tour dates

NEW: Noise11 on YouTube SUBSCRIBE

Noise11 on Instagram

You’ll discover music news first following Noise11 on Twitter

Comment on the news of the day, join Noise11 on Facebook

Bart Willoughby by Cole Bennetts
Bart Willoughby To Receive APRA Ted Albert Award

Bart Willoughby has been named as the 2024 Ted Albert Award for Outstanding Services to Australian Music.

James Taylor at MCA Melbourne 16 April 2024 photo by Winston Robinson
James Taylor Farewells Australia With Final Tour (Melbourne Review)

I could go to a James Taylor show just for the stories. The man is a part of music history and is still around to tell the tales of how it all began. Like, for instance, being the first artist signed to Apple Records. James “auditioned” for Apple with his song ‘Something In The Way She Moves’. "Paul went away and started the label and George went away and wrote the song”, he said.

Eric Bazilian and Tania Doko
Tania Doko and Eric Bazilian Are Performing The Best Of Both Of Them

Bachelor Girl’s Tania Doko has invited The Hooters’ Eric Bazilian to tour Australia with her. It is the first time Eric has played in Australia for almost 40 years on that one and only Hooters Australian tour of 1985.

Marley Brothers
Marley Brothers To Tour in The Family Name

The Marley Brothers have announced a tour to honour their father’s legacy.

Richard Clapton, Photo Ros O'Gorman
Richard Clapton Digs Into The Back Catalogue To Perform Rarities

When Richard Clapton play a Festival we get the concentrated Best of show. When he performs his own shows we get the deeper dive into a remarkable 50+ year career.

Jon Bon Jovi, Ros O'Gorman, Photo
Jon Bon Jovi Considers Retirement if Voice Issues Don’t Improve

Jon Bon Jovi will never sing live again if his voice does not fully recover following throat surgery.

Choirboys vodka and whiskey
The Choirboys Now Have A Whiskey and a Vodka

The Choirboys have their own whiskey and vodka but its limited to just 250 bottles a piece.