A fire started in the kitchen at B.B. King’s Blues Club on Beale Street in Memphis on Monday morning, damaging the recently refurbished facility.
The fire broke out in the kitchen about 1 AM Monday morning and was brought quickly under control, but there is smoke damage and water in the basement of the club. One report said that the kitchen vent system handled the fire; however, firefighters still had to break into the roof because it had spread to a crawlspace.
There are conflicting reports on the amount of damage with employees telling WMC-TV that the kitchen, which was recently remodeled, will have to be completely redone. Don Greenlop, the controller of the company that owns the club, told the Memphis Business Journal that “The building is physically fine except that it smells of smoke and there’s water, but that will be cleaned up. The fire didn’t do a lot of damage. The damage came from the smoke and the water. The fire was contained to the kitchen vent and crawl space under the roof.”
There is no estimate on when the club might reopen.
Read more at VVN Music
Stay updated with your free Noise11 daily music newsletter. Subscribe to Noise11 Music News here