Mariah Carey Is The Latest Celeb Accused Of Sexual Harassment - Noise11.com
Mariah Carey Jupiters Gold Coast Show 2013: Photo Gerry Nicholls

Mariah Carey Jupiters Gold Coast Show 2013: Photo Gerry Nicholls

Mariah Carey Is The Latest Celeb Accused Of Sexual Harassment

by Music-News.com on November 9, 2017

in News

The boss of a firm which provided Mariah Carey’s security has alleged in a draft legal complaint over pay that the star sexually harassed him.

A lawyer for Michael Anello, the president of Anello Security & Consulting, has prepared the lawsuit as he alleges Carey owes him more than $700,000 (£533,000) in agreed payments.

According to editors at TMZ.com, the lawsuit alleges Mariah Carey also committed, “sexual acts with the intent that they be viewed by Anello.”

He claims that during a trip to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, Carey asked him to remove luggage from her room and greeted him while wearing an open see-through negligee, insisting he remove the luggage despite his desire to leave the room. He says they did not have physical contact during the alleged incident.

Anello also alleges the star humiliated him by calling him a Nazi and a white supremacist.

The lawsuit claims his company provided security for Carey from June 2015 to May 2017 and is owed $221,330 (£168,300) for completed work. The draft complaint also states that he was promised another two year deal which would have earned him $511,000 (£389,000).

Representatives of the singer tell TMZ.com that they have been in contact with Anellos lawyers and are prepared to settle some invoices – but they were not aware of his harassment claim.

The security chief is reportedly unsatisfied with her team’s offer, but his lawyer says the draft lawsuit is currently on hold.

Carey, who has had two previous marriages, to music mogul Tommy Mottola and TV star Nick Cannon, announced her engagement to Australian billionaire James Packer in January last year (16). However the couple split that October.

She has since reportedly been dating her backing dancer Bryan Tanaka.

vvnmusic.com

Related Posts

Miami Horror supplied
Miami Horror, Sneaky Sound System and Bag Raiders to Headline Live at the Gardens 2025 in Melbourne

Melbourne’s Live at the Gardens series will hit euphoric heights this November with a triple-bill of Australian electronic heavyweights. Miami Horror, Sneaky Sound System and Bag Raiders will join forces for a one-night-only dancefloor celebration under the stars at the Royal Botanic Gardens on Saturday, 29 November 2025.

4 days ago
Salt N Pepa Facebook profile
Salt-N-Pepa Double Down: “Time to Fight for Our Rights” in Copyright Clash with Universal

Salt-N-Pepa are, taking on Universal Music Group in a battle over copyright ownership that could reshape how legacy artists control their music. Cheryl “Salt” James and Sandra “Pepa” Denton launched their lawsuit earlier this year, accusing Universal of unlawfully blocking their attempts to exercise termination rights, provisions in U.S. copyright law that allow artists to reclaim their work 35 years after handing it over in early contracts. Salt-N-Pepa say they followed every legal step, yet Universal refused their claim.

4 days ago
Missy Elliott, music news, noise11.com
Missy Elliott Averts Copyright Trial at the Last Minute in Pennsylvania Federal Court

In a dramatic turn, rapper, songwriter, and trailblazing producer Missy Elliott narrowly avoided heading to trial in a long-running copyright dispute, reportedly settling the case mere minutes before a jury was due to be selected in a Pennsylvania federal courtroom.

5 days ago
Rai Thistlethwayte The Fabulous Caprettos by Mary Boukouvalas
Sammy Hagar’s New Live Album Features Rai Thistlethwayte of Thirsty Merc

Sammy Hagar has always had a reputation for surrounding himself with powerhouse players, but his upcoming live album, Sammy Hagar & The Best Of All Worlds Band – The Residency (out October 10, 2025 via Big Machine Rock), brings a distinctly Australian twist. On keyboards, vocals and guitar is Rai Thistlethwayte, best known at home for fronting Thirsty Merc and more recently as a member of The Fabulous Caprettos. For Australian fans, the inclusion of Thistlethwayte in Hagar’s latest chapter is a striking reminder of how far the Sydney-born musician’s career has travelled.

6 days ago
Ugly Kid Joe Menace To Sobriety
Ugly Kid Joe Celebrate 30 Years of Menace To Sobriety With Deluxe Vinyl Reissue

In 1995, Ugly Kid Joe released Menace To Sobriety, their second full-length album. A heavier, darker, and more muscular outing than their blockbuster debut America’s Least Wanted, Menace was hailed by Kerrang! as “the album of the year.” Yet, in the United States, the record received little to no label support, leaving frontman Whitfield Crane to famously declare that their label was quietly backing away.

August 22, 2025
Five
Five Are Back – Keep On Movin’ 2026 Tour Set to Ignite Australia and NZ

After a 25-year hiatus, one of the UK’s most adored pop-rocket launches—Five—are back in full force. Sean, Ritchie, Scott, Abz and J Brown will reunite for the Keep On Movin’ 2026 Tour, roaring into Perth, Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne—and even Auckland—next May.

August 22, 2025
Ed Kuepper and Jim White
Ed Kuepper and Jim White Announce First U.S. Shows With Mick Harvey

Ed Kuepper, twice inducted into the ARIA Hall of Fame as a founding member of both The Saints and Laughing Clowns, will finally bring his acclaimed collaboration with Dirty Three drummer Jim White to the United States for the first time this November. The pair will perform in Los Angeles on November 4 and New York on November 17, with support from none other than Mick Harvey of The Birthday Party and The Bad Seeds.

August 21, 2025