Mathew Knowles rules out Destiny's Child reunion for now - Noise11.com
Destinys Child

Destinys Child

Mathew Knowles rules out Destiny’s Child reunion for now

by Music-News.com on August 13, 2019

in News

Mathew Knowles is “certainly hopeful” that Beyonce, Kelly Rowland, and Michelle Williams will come together for a Destiny’s Child reunion.

The trio last hit the stage together as part of Beyonce’s headlining performance at the Coachella festival in 2018 and reports of a more long-term reunion have been swirling ever since.

The gossip spiked last week, when it was rumoured the trio would be regrouping to record new music and tour. And although Kelly told Entertainment Tonight the speculation was “news to me”, Beyonce’s father and Destiny’s Child’s former manager Mathew confessed he’d love to see his daughter reunite with her former bandmates.

“I certainly hope they do. It would be wonderful, wouldn’t it?” he enthused, in an interview with U.K. newspaper Metro.

He went on, however, to highlight the amount of preparation that a world tour takes, and confessed that even if they signed off on the venture, it would take “require years of preparation and timing”.

“Most people don’t know how touring works and how the industry works,” he continued. “It takes years to put together a tour, get the band together, get the dancers together, then decide which size venues you’re going to have, start rehearsals, and it would probably be a world tour… it would two to three years, even if the answer was yes today.”

Destiny’s Child enjoyed success from 1990 to 2006, and released massive hits including Independent Women and Survivor. Despite parting ways professionally, Mathew insisted all three members remain “best friends”, and gushed its their close bond that “makes them so special”.

You’ll discover music news first following Noise11 on Twitter

Comment on the news of the day, join Noise11 on Facebook

Noise11.com

Listen to the Noise11 Music News channel now at iHeartRadio

Related Posts

Eminem Stans
Eminem’s Lost Track ‘Everybody’s Looking At Me’ Surfaces on New STANS Soundtrack

Eminem has dug deep into the vault to unearth a lost cut from his The Eminem Show era. The newly released song, Everybody’s Looking At Me, has officially surfaced as part of the soundtrack to his new documentary STANS, now streaming on Paramount+.

1 day ago
Parkway Drive
Parkway Drive To Launch 20th Anniversary Tour With Berlin Concert

Australian metal titans Parkway Drive will mark two decades of chaos, fire and stadium-sized riffs with a very different kind of show. On 17 September 2025, the band will play a one-off warm-up gig at Berlin’s legendary Metropol.

1 day ago
The Weeknd $1 Billion Music Catalogue Gamble: A Bold Business Masterstroke

Abel Tesfaye, known worldwide as The Weeknd, is reportedly in early talks to secure a staggering US$1 billion financing deal using his music catalogue as collateral. The negotiations are said to be taking place with New York private equity firm Lyric Capital Group, positioning Tesfaye for what could become one of the largest music-rights backed financing arrangements ever for a single artist.

2 days ago
Taylor Swift at the MCG Melbourne 16 February 2024 Photo Credit TAS Rights Management
Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce Announce Engagement with Whimsical Wink

Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce have officially announced they’re engaged. Their joint Instagram post, captioned with the cheeky line, “Your English teacher and your gym teacher are getting married”, was met with a tidal wave of adoration from fans worldwide.

2 days ago
Tom Curtain
Tom Curtain Releases Here’s To You Album and Announces National Tour

Tom Curtain has built a career out of telling the stories of rural and regional Australia. A multiple Golden Guitar winner, horseman, outback entertainer, and founder of the Katherine Outback Experience, Curtain is as comfortable in the saddle as he is on the stage. With his sixth studio album Here’s To You set for release on 22 August 2025 via ABC Music, Curtain once again shines a spotlight on the people, landscapes and experiences that make the bush what it is.

2 days ago
Secondhand Serenade
Secondhand Serenade To Return To Australia After 16 Years With A String Section

After 16 years away from Australian stages, Secondhand Serenade, the project of Californian singer-songwriter John Vesely, will return in December for three exclusive shows, this time accompanied by a symphony string section.

4 days ago
Cookin' On 3 Burners Press 1 2025
Cookin’ on 3 Burners Fire It Up With Cookin’ The Books

Melbourne’s deep funk heavyweights Cookin’ on 3 Burners are back with a brand new double-sided 7”, the first taste of their forthcoming studio album Cookin’ The Books (out October 31 on Soul Messin’ Records).

August 22, 2025