Music Victoria is expanding to create the Victorian Music Development Office and it needs a General Manager.
Victoria’s Minister for Creative Industries Martin Foley announced the expansion of Music Victoria saying “This is all about taking Victorian music to the next level – by backing our industry’s best and brightest and inspiring the artists of tomorrow.”
“The Music Market will be a hub of creativity, allowing musicians to share ideas and collaborate on projects, get training and do business.”
Under the Victorian Music Development Office the department will oversee the creation of:
– An industry research program
– A free event program featuring international speakers
– An export focused program that includes global marketing campaigns about Victorian acts
– Music business development activities including small business and enterprise lab
– A service providing free or low-cost advice to music businesses
The VMDO will also be charged with the implementation of Support Acts for the Big Names, a campaign supporting diversity and inclusion in contemporary music programming. This campaign will focus on increasing live music opportunities for First Peoples, women, and under-represented artists by encouraging promoters to book these acts as support to larger musicians.
The GM is required to be someone with a burning desire to drive improvement, and with:
• Existing music industry networks at State, National and International levels
• A deep understanding of current issues facing the Victorian and National music industry
• Highly developed team management skills
• Expert project management skills including financial and project reporting
• The ability to work to a strategic plan and critical metrics
• Capacity to develop partnerships, and advanced stakeholder management and engagement skills
• Experience in small business development
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• An understanding of the Creative Industries
• The ability to identify industry gaps and issues and develop and apply creative solutions.
To apply for the role of General Manager at the VMDO, please email your resume to Nick via [email protected] by no later than 5pm on 08/05/18.