Naughty Boy Says Zayn Handled 1D Departure Badly - Noise11.com
Zayn Malik One Direction Photo by Ros O'Gorman

Zayn Malik One Direction Photo by Ros O'Gorman

Naughty Boy Says Zayn Handled 1D Departure Badly

by Music-News.com on October 1, 2015

in News

Producer Naughty Boy insists he didn’t leak Zayn Malik’s music video and adds the former One Direction star was just ‘throwing his toys out of the pram’.

When Zayn quit the boyband in March (15), Naughty Boy became his very public best friend, with the pair constantly posting pictures of themselves on social media.

It caused tension with his old bandmates, particularly Louis Tomlinson, who engaged in a Twitter spat with Naughty Boy, accusing him of winding up fans by making comments about Zayn’s solo career.

But their friendship came to an abrupt end in July (15), when a message appeared on Zayn’s account calling Naughty Boy a ‘fat joke’ and accusing him of leaking his music video No Type.

However, the producer is keen to set the record straight.

‘I didn’t leak the video,’ he assured Britain’s The Guardian newspaper.

‘I didn’t leak it. Krept, who is on the tune with Zayn, Snapchatted it. No one put it on YouTube or nothing. I genuinely didn’t leak the video. To be honest, it was a bit late to leak the video, the song was old by then, y’know?

‘That wasn’t… that wasn’t… that was just him throwing his toys out of the pram. We fell out over something else.’

Naughty Boy wouldn’t confirm what the spat was actually about, but did admit he did initially miss his former friend, adding what they had was ‘100 per cent genuine’.

But while he still cares about Zayn, he won’t be reaching out to him yet.

‘I don’t think now’s the time, though,’ he sighed. ‘I think Zayn’s incredibly talented and his voice is amazing and the world doesn’t know that yet. The world doesn’t know how gifted he actually is, so I think the best thing for him to do now is to go a bit radio silent and let the music do the talking, because then he won’t have to get into Twitter wars with Calvin Harris or me, or whoever. There’s no music out there, so right now he’s just the guy who left One Direction, but I know different, because I know him.’

Earlier this year (15) Zayn and Taylor Swift’s boyfriend Calvin had some online beef, during which Zayn told the DJ to ‘calm his knickers’.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

Never miss a story! Get your free Noise11.com daily music news email alert. Subscribe to the Noise11 Music Newsletter here

Listen to the Noise11 Music News channel now at iHeartRadio

Follow Noise11.com on Facebook and Twitter

more from music-news.com

Related Posts

Joe Jackson photo by Ros O'Gorman
Joe Jackson Returns With Hope And Fury And Announces 2026 World Tour

Joe Jackson will launch a major new chapter in 2026, as he prepares to release his first rock album since 2019, Hope And Fury, and embark on an 80-show international tour. The album will arrive on 10 April 2026. The release marks a return to the sharp, melodic and uncompromising style that first defined Jackson in the late 1970s, when he emerged as one of the most distinctive voices in the new wave era.

6 days ago
Jellybean Johnson, drummer and Minneapolis Sound pioneer
Jellybean Johnson, Architect Of The Minneapolis Sound, Dies At 69 Early Years And Rise In Minneapolis

Jellybean Johnson, born Garry George Johnson in Chicago in 1956, has died suddenly at the age of 69. His family confirmed his passing on Friday, only days after he celebrated his birthday. No cause of death has been released. Johnson's death marks the loss of one of the most significant figures in the creation and evolution of the Minneapolis Sound, a movement that fused funk, rock and soul with a sharp rhythmic edge.

6 days ago
Freddie Mercury Commemorative Coin Released By The Royal Mint
Royal Mint Honours Freddie Mercury With New Collectible Coin

The Royal Mint has unveiled a new collectible coin that celebrates the life and legacy of Freddie Mercury, the legendary Queen frontman whose voice and theatrical presence reshaped rock music. The announcement arrives at a significant moment for fans, marking forty years since Queen delivered their historic Live Aid performance in July 1985, a concert still regarded as one of the most powerful moments in music history. The coin also honours the fortieth anniversary of Mercury's first solo studio album, Mr. Bad Guy, which showed the world another side of his creativity and marked a bold step outside the Queen catalogue.

November 19, 2025
Yungblud announces 2026 Australian tour for IDOLS World Tour.
Yungblud Cancels His Remaining 2025 Shows On Doctor’s Orders

Yungblud has cancelled the rest of his 2025 tour after doctors raised concerns about his voice and blood tests. The British rocker returned home for routine checks and was advised to halt all shows until the end of the year. The decision follows a demanding run that pushed the Doncaster artist to his limits. He described the decision as heartbreaking yet necessary. He apologised to fans across the United States, Mexico City and Latin America.

November 17, 2025
Hongjoong unveils his debut fashion film Petit Coussin in Seoul.
Hongjoong Of Ateez Unveils ‘Petit Coussin’ – A Dreamlike Fusion Of Music, Memory And Fashion

Hongjoong, the multi-talented leader of global K-pop phenomenon Ateez, has unveiled his debut fashion film Petit Coussin, a poetic and nostalgic exploration of youth, memory, and artistry. The project, filmed in Seoul, marks Hongjoong's first foray into fashion design - a world he approaches with the same precision and imagination that have defined his music career.

November 13, 2025
Barry Manilow, music news, noise11.com
Barry Manilow Prepares Final U.S. Farewell Tour As “Once Before I Go” Video Premieres

Barry Manilow, one of the most successful entertainers in popular music, has released a new video for his latest single Once Before I Go ahead of his final U.S. tour dates, set to begin in January 2026. The 82-year-old icon, whose career has spanned more than five decades, will bring his last performances to nine American cities, closing the touring chapter of a career that has defined adult contemporary music since the 1970s.

November 12, 2025
Split Enz
Split Enz To Lead Byron Bay Bluesfest 2026 Return With First Australian Show In 20 Years

Byron Bay Bluesfest will roar into its 37th edition in 2026 with one of the most important reunions in Australasian music history. Split Enz, in their first Australian appearance in two decades, will headline the Easter weekend event from 2 to 5 April 2026, confirming a landmark moment for the festival and for generations of fans who witnessed the band rewrite the rules of art-pop and new wave.

November 10, 2025