Vanilla Ice praises MLK (sic), Black Keys wanna game with cranky tweens, Bootsy Collins looks rad, Sia’s makin’ hits, and heaps more.
Here are things that musical people are saying today in 140 characters or less.
- If you’re the whitest rapper ever and you’re effusively praising Martin Luther King, make sure you spell his name correctly, Vanilla Ice.
- Russell Simmons is trying to convince Mitt Romney that felons should vote. Simmons For Prez 2012.
- Thrash revivers Municipal Waste announce that Tony and Phil’s new band with members of Darkest Hour is named… Iron Reagan. Clever.
- Pat Carney from The Black Keys want to play videos games with angry, belly-aching tweens.
- Jared Leto from 30 Seconds To Mars seems to be soliciting noodz. Like he has to ask. Note: Probably not from angry tweens, as the photos will be posted on their website.
- Cheesecloth twins Old Man River and Ben Lee are hooking up in India. It seems like only two months ago that they were organising their continental meet on Twitter. Sigh.
- Funkmaster Boosty Collins makes little sense, but when you look this good, who cares?
- Just in case you’d forgotten to be jealous of Tommy Lee’s tropical paradise life: this photo.
- Sia Furler is in the studio with James Valentine of Maroon 5, writing the hits. But who’s writing the hits for whom, exactly?
- A bit of white knighting from Richard Marx about the Lana Del Rey SNL performance. Good luck, bro.